God Is Good... All The Time

skb52
on 2/18/04 12:18 pm - Howell, MI
Greeting All: I keep forgetting to come here... I don't know why... I'm not a big poster anywhere, probably because I enjoy sprucing up profiles so much, I tend to spend most of my free time doing that. I know you've all probably experienced one of those "WOW" events that you know is nothing short of a miracle and most definitely the hand of God at work. I'm writing to share such an event with you. The last time I posted here was in response to Susan Pierce's post below. I told her that I could relate to her trials as I too was going through some hard times. I've been unemployed (through no fault of my own) since Oct 1. I was denied unemployment at the end of December and had to challenge the ruling. I was trying to find work that I could do, applying for anything that was remotely possible, but nothing. My husband's pay just can't keep up afloat alone, we depend on an income from me as well. At the end of January I call the unemployment office and was told that it could be another 12-14 weeks (from the date of my appeal) before I would get a ruling on the appeal. The bills not being paid were mounting into the thousands and covering basic costs of living has become barely possible. I kept praying, asking the Lord to please help me find a job, help me have this surgery so I can lose weight and be able to stand on my feet and go back to work as a nurse. I asked him to help me collect unemployment. Well.... I can't tell you how depressed I became, I actually didn't go to church for 2 weeks in a row, not to Sunday services or Wed night bible study. I was beginning to wonder if God was hearing me at all. I had to struggle to keep myself from questioning God's motives. I became so distraught and somewhere in my daily bible reading, I was reading about how the Lord rescued his people Israel. I began to pray that He would rescue me, that I was powerless to effect a solution to my problem. I started praying this way just maybe a week ago...if even that. Today.... out of the blue, I received not 1, but 18 unemployment payments to the tune of $5640.00. I just started crying and thanking God for rescuing me. Sometimes it's not what we're praying about that isn't being answered, sometimes it's the way we're praying for it. I believe that as soon as I stopped trying to "order" God around, telling him how He should help me; and started crying out to my heavenly Father to come to my rescue as only He can, then I received the help I so desperately needed. I just want to give all the praise and glory to God, He is so good to His children who love and trust in his ability to care for them. Blessings to all, Sharon
rn4u2go
on 2/18/04 1:50 pm - queens, NY
Praise God, he IS good ALL the time!!! I really needed to hear that. I am a nurse in a similar situation, (unemployed, but because i quit, i dont have the energy to keep up with the patient care, and have been battleing a depression that makes me want to not go out and be seen in public) and I keep putting my 2 cent limits on God, trying to tell him what i think i need. And getting discouraged to the point that i have lost the desire to even try to fellowship or even read his word. Thanks Sharon!!! And thank you Jesus for putting it in sharon's heart to post her testamony! Lord blessings, Miriam
saltybichon
on 2/18/04 10:30 pm - Houston, TX
Sharon, what a wonderful testimony of God's provision! Thanks for sharing it.
Ms. Ang
on 2/18/04 10:51 pm - Transplanted Motown to the Big Country, TX
That is a wonderful testimony. Thank you for sharing. Our God is an awesome God.
gbc1102
on 2/19/04 10:20 am - Durham, NC
God is truly speaking through you Sharon. I'm in a very similar situation. I requested prayer a few days ago because I went on an interview for a job I knew I was going to get, however I found out today that the it was offered to someone else. My job was terminated on Nov. 24th, I've had some temp assignments in between but 2 1/2 weeks ago started working a temporary assignment in the department where I had the interview. I have wanted to question God as to why I didn't get the job, but I know that He has my best interest at heart and He has NEVER let me down. I was also denied unemployment and because of the reasoning behind my termination, I decided not to appeal. The one thing you said that really spoke to me was when you said once you stopped trying to "order" God around and telling him how He should help you and started crying out to him things turned around. I know that God is trying to get my attention and I need to stop being disobedient and reach out to Him and allow him to direct my path as I delight myself in Him.... Thank you so much for this inspiration word and allowing the Holy Spirit to use you to minister to us. May God continue to bless you and I truly hope you find employment soon and also that the door will open for your surgery even sooner. Your sister in Christ, Gayzelle B. Chavis
Most Active