Re-installed windows - PC running slow

flegmo
on 6/15/07 2:57 am - UK
Hi all, I would really appreciate any advise anyone could give with regard to my problem. My computer (A Sony Vaio VGC-V2M) has had it's first windows re-install in 3 years following a virus. I have re-installed on the other side of my partition, transferred my files from the c: drive to the d: drive and deleted the c: drives content as the PC would not allow me to format the drive. When using IE or Firefox, when scrolling down the page it does not scroll smoothly - like it has trouble rendering the next part of the page due to lack of processing capability. I have downloaded the drivers for this model despite having a list of: audio, chipset, ethernet, memorystick,modem, MPEGGenerator, Sonykbs200405190whql, sonyNC, vpg-mca10 and video drivers I can only install: Chipset and modem. The rest have the icon that appears when you have to choose a program to run or open with. Even though I have deleted MS XP Home and replaced it with MS XP Pro when I boot up my computer it still asks which I would like to boot up with. Another issue. My PC has a wide screen configuration but it will only display in a standard configuration. I have checked the display function and it is set to the highest resolution. I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give. Thanks in advance, Lee :help:
Most Active