Recent Posts

flegmo
on 6/15/07 2:57 am - UK
Topic: Re-installed windows - PC running slow
Hi all, I would really appreciate any advise anyone could give with regard to my problem. My computer (A Sony Vaio VGC-V2M) has had it's first windows re-install in 3 years following a virus. I have re-installed on the other side of my partition, transferred my files from the c: drive to the d: drive and deleted the c: drives content as the PC would not allow me to format the drive. When using IE or Firefox, when scrolling down the page it does not scroll smoothly - like it has trouble rendering the next part of the page due to lack of processing capability. I have downloaded the drivers for this model despite having a list of: audio, chipset, ethernet, memorystick,modem, MPEGGenerator, Sonykbs200405190whql, sonyNC, vpg-mca10 and video drivers I can only install: Chipset and modem. The rest have the icon that appears when you have to choose a program to run or open with. Even though I have deleted MS XP Home and replaced it with MS XP Pro when I boot up my computer it still asks which I would like to boot up with. Another issue. My PC has a wide screen configuration but it will only display in a standard configuration. I have checked the display function and it is set to the highest resolution. I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give. Thanks in advance, Lee :help:
ballerholic
on 5/7/07 9:26 am - pocatello, ID
Topic: my ncs computer is not working it keeps askin for a service number which i dont have
my ncs NBC109-TS05 laptop computer is not working it keeps askin if anyone has an i dea wat the service code is. please help
randall310
on 5/14/06 1:26 am - Ellisville, MO
Topic: RE: Computer not recognizing CD-Rom
Try setting the jumpers on BOTH drives to CS (Cable Select) It usually works on Dells. We use only Dell workstations at work and I always use the CS setting. Perhaps the connector came loose from the socket on the motherboard. Also check the BIOS to see if the drives are recognized there, set to Auto. Hope you get it working. Randy
Dave S
on 5/1/06 2:17 pm - Fairview Heights, IL
Did you start having problems when you connected the 200 gig drive? If you did, it's one of two things: 1. The cable is unplugged or loose from the motherboard. 2. Both devices are set as master or slave. From past experience, most drives come from the factory as master, and if the CD rom is at the end of the cable, it's master too. There's your problem. Check your connections and your drive assignments. It's easy to loosen that cable from the MB when you're moving stuff around inside that case. Dave
terrydade
on 4/17/06 2:35 am - Rockford, IL
Hi, Randi, You'll see the drive light come on when you put a CD in, whether the IDE cable is connected properly or not, so it would appear that the CD-ROM drive is okay, just not set up right. The fact that you can't see the 200G drive tells me that either the cable isn't plugged in all the way, or both of the drives are set as master or slave. Terry
Randi D.
on 4/10/06 3:18 pm - Peoria, AZ
Topic: Computer not recognizing CD-Rom
I have a Dell Dimension 2350. Up until a couple a days ago the CD-Rom drive was working well, and now it is not showing up in the Device Manager nor is it showing up in my computer. However, when I put a cd in the drive, the drive light comes on, but the computer won't read from it. I think the problem is that the connections may have come loose. I am hoping this is the case because I have a 200 gig drive that is connected to the cd-rom drive(the hard drive didn't have a place to connect to the drive, so I used the cd-rom and made the new drive a slave). I do not see the 200 gig drive either, so I am thinking the connection is loose. Needless to say, I will be opening up my computer tomorrow to check the connections and replace the eide cable with one that has room for another drive. Has anyone had this problem? Randi
LadyHopefull33
on 3/3/06 3:23 am - Interlochen, MI
Topic: Starting the process
Just starting the process of getting approval. Computer geek from Northern Michigan. Would love to talk to other folks about what they did to start the process. I've got Priority Health which I hear is a pain to work with. -Elspeth S
April_M_Edmonds
on 12/4/05 9:51 pm - Springfield, MA
Topic: RE: New member offering knowledge and experience
Time to download the latest O/S and Hardware updates for your Palm! More likely than not, updates are required. Also update any individual software program's or accessories. Conflict beteen applications can effect performance. This isn't as hard as it may sound, you can do it Email me @ [email protected] if you run into trouble April
Randi D.
on 11/30/05 2:53 am - Peoria, AZ
Topic: RE: New member offering knowledge and experience
Do you know anything about PDA's? I have a Sony Clie that will not calibrate. I keep having to tap the screen and nothing happens. Randi
Lindsay
on 8/24/05 3:14 am - Dorr, MI
Topic: RE: Hi all computer people
Hi Tabitha: I am sort of new to this site too. I have my first consult with my surgeon tomorrow and can't wait. I work for a software company in Michigan and am the head of the technical support department. Computer Geek I guess. Good luck on your surgery I bet you are really excited. It is so soon. I am jelious. Lindsay
Most Active