Painting on slate???

Darlilly1313
on 3/16/04 2:28 pm - WV
I am just starting to make crafts with slate.I have gotten some suggestions on what kind of paint to use.Most say oil.I wonder if any one out there has painted on slate ,with acycrilic paints?? thanks. Darleen W.
Rose P.
on 5/11/04 6:16 pm - Raynham, MA
I paint on slate and use acrylics. Oil takes too long to dry.
Darlilly1313
on 5/12/04 2:29 am - WV
Rose, thank you! I haven`t started painting yet, I got a free truck load of roofing slate that is mostly square,I like to paint with acrilics, so that is great to hear.I am in wv , but I am originally from Taunton Ma. I was surprised to see a person from my old home answered my post! I love ma,I miss it alot.I am sending an e-mail Dar
skinnycow47
on 6/14/06 10:36 am - Chambersburg, PA
Hi, yep, painting on slate is sooooo cool. I paint on just about anything and I love the texture of slate. I use acrylic paints with a sealer underneath. I have found the medium consistency is nice to work with, too thick or too thin dosn't work well for me. I go to AC Moore's, Michals, Wal-mart has some too. I use Americana, this is just right for me. I use Ceramacoat when I want a thinner paint and Folk Art when I need thicker paint. I don't use the other brands but I am sure there are some good ones too. Those are the main three cause I can mix and match according to the directions, or convert from one to the other. Jo Sonja's paint and sealer is very nice. So, hope this helps and happy painting!!! Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Customized Hairbow holders :)
CourtneyLiz · 0 replies · 644 views
Does anyone have.....
MaryMargaretG · 1 replies · 529 views
Yarn yarn yarn!
Donna B. · 6 replies · 652 views
Crafts???
donewithdiets · 1 replies · 604 views