Fired for being pregnant!!!!

HarvestMoon1974
on 9/26/06 8:16 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14
Well folks, as the title says, I was fired after I told my dept I'm pregnant! Of course they deny that being the reason but I know it was. I'm suing them for wrongful termination under NJ's anti-discrimination laws. I don't think the borough administrator took me seriously when I told him my attorney would be contacting them, so they're all in for a pretty nasty shock in the next few days. I want them to realize that they can't treat people this way and expect to get away with it. I'm so tired of people who believe they can trample on the rights of others without any consequences. This is the happiest time in my life, and that bunch of male, chauvinist, pigs will not take that from me. My baby is an amazing gift from God, and I am so grateful for this little life inside of me. I'm going to have to find a new job, which won't be easy. But, I'll make it through. I think it's time for a job with a steady shift now that it won't be just the two of us anymore. I'm going to try and find a nice, quiet, office job somewhere. Okay, that's enough of my ranting for now. I'm hungry Carol
Lexa321
on 10/8/06 10:02 pm - weston, FL
thats crazy.... we have at least 5 girls preggo at the same time... hope everything wworks out with the lawyer
Brianna
on 10/9/06 1:06 am - Lebanon, PA
Where do you live, Bedrock!?!?! They can't fire you for being pregnant these days.. I hope your lawyer gives it to them good.. how totally unfair....!
Brianna
on 10/9/06 1:07 am - Lebanon, PA
OH, an CONGRATULATIONS !!! on the wonderful news!!! keep us updated on the pregnancy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 435 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 789 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views