Chaos Theory vs. When it's Your Time

Angie M.
on 10/27/06 4:22 am - Phelan, CA
I thought I'd share a call that happened this week... Tuesday morning started off with some calls about a possible "road rage/race" on a freeway here in Socal. Two black suv's were cutting in and out of traffic and one kept bumping the other in front of it. It bumped it one too many times though, swerved into the center divider and rolled several times. Turned out, a man was chasing his ex-girlfriend. The guy had NUMEROUS priors, parole violations, had been in jail several times for various charges like spousal abuse, two counts of child abuse, etc. A real winner! After he rolled his suv, the ex-girlfriend stopped, then pulled off at the next exit to get away from him. On top of his accident, a chain reaction of other little accidents happened behind it due to the curvy freeway and stopped traffic. Then we got a report of a solo "black truck" over the side of the freeway, with a smashed windshield, but on the OPPOSITE side. At first we all thought it was being reported by folks still half asleep or didn't know where they were, but we sent a unit to go check it out, just in case. You never know. Sure enough, one of our officers gets over there and says, "I got an 1144 - roll the Coroner." What? Huh? When the SUV rolled, the battery came out of the engine compartment, blasted through the oleander bushes to the other side of the freeway, smashing through the windshield of the truck going in the opposite direction, killing the driver. The battery, destroyed and torn open from the accident, was leaking and acid was already eating away at he poor victim within minutes. The poor guy had just been minding his own business on his way to work when the 40 lb the battery came flying out of nowhere. Talk about bad timing or being in the wrong place at the wrong time! In the meantime, Mr. Idiot, is taken to the hospital with a broken femur and after surgery is pretty much out of it. His parents call our office and are asking questions, and saying, "But we don't understand...?" Understand what? Your son was being violent, tried to kill his ex-girlfriend, rolled his vehicle endangering lots of other people in the process, and KILLED an innocent person as a result. What part don't you UNDERSTAND? (Palm-to-forehead SMACK)
Lexa321
on 10/27/06 2:38 pm - weston, FL
you know what... this bothers me.... we had a huge bus fire... people were going across "the ally" aka allagater ally.... basiacally its a 4 lane high way that goes across the everglades... so anyway... there was a cross over... a truck went and crashed into a bus FULL of people that were going back to naples from miami... the bus became fully on fire and the fire went to the truck... liie 6 people died... anyway... this guy called and said... " just so you know.. when you shut down the highway my dinner got cold" i said..." im sorry to hear that... would you like to talk to the 7 yoa who watched her mom die or the lady that burned to death in the bus because she couldnt get out.... or tell her husband that his wife wont be coming him.... and ill be on my way to put your f*cking dinner in the microwave... " he said "'uh" i said "get off my phone and i have nothing to say to you".. people have no idea the things they do or say... help them... i have learned to pray every day... and make fun of at least 60 people in 8 hours
cburky911
on 2/19/07 3:33 pm - Columbus, OH
We had a similar idiot here a few years ago. I dispatch for Dublin Police Dept, which is a suburb of Columbus. A Columbus Police Officer was struck by a car and killed while helping out at an accident scene. His funeral was in our city. Anyway....as you're aware, a police officer's funeral is very long and we had some streets closed down. This guy called me complaining because he couldn't get to Bob Evans for his lunch break. I very nicely explained to him that there was a police officers funeral procession that was several miles long causing the traffic delay and suggested that he go to one of the other two Bob Evans in Dublin, or to a different restaurant, of which we have many. He continued to complain, saying "it's frustrating for us who are still around" .... I couldn't believe he actually said that, so I responded that "it's frustrating for us when police officers are killed in the line of duty trying to help people".... he didn't say much more. I wasn't quite as blunt about it as you were Alexa, but I feel your pain.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone Still Here??
CathyO911 · 0 replies · 435 views
OMG!! A dispatcher board...
aemusevi · 1 replies · 789 views
Hi Everyone
CMFitzpatrick · 0 replies · 384 views