I think my baby may have fleas

stressedinnj
on 9/6/06 3:31 am - trenton, NJ
Does anyone know how to get fleas off a dog and out of your house besides having someone come spray for it ? I know about advantage. Please help sexy in nj :wave:
chubbychub
on 10/6/06 3:21 am - camp hill, PA
Last year, the fleas were bad where we live. Our vet told us to vacuum often. He also recommended cutting up a flea collar and putting it the bag of the vacuum. For the furniture and carpet, we purchased a spray. The spray stinks but it seems to work. I would spray your stuff on a day when you can open a door or window and get some fresh air. We also use frontline. Just a word of caution, I am sure a lot of people can relate to this. We ended up getting a couple bad boxes of frontline and needless to say, it wasn't working at all. If you use a product such as frontline and it doesn't seem to be effective, talk to your vet. We bought new frontline and it works great now. good luck
stressedinnj
on 10/6/06 3:44 am - trenton, NJ
thanks . What is the name of the spray and where can I find it ? sexy in nj
chubbychub
on 10/8/06 2:54 am - camp hill, PA
The spray I purchased was the Hartz 3 in 1 home spray. There are also flea "bombs" available and Hartz makes them as well. We purchased our stuff at WalMart, but if you are not sure of what to get, I would recommend going to your local pet store and talking to someone.
* Nicole *
on 10/29/06 12:24 am
I know this is a reply that is kinda late but using horse fly sprays, Such as Repel-X by Farnam and Ultra Shield by Absorbine are the best ways to go. Thats all I ever use on my dog, keeps away and kills fleas, ticks, gnats, misquitos, deer flies, house flies, horse flies and much much more. I even found it useful for ant problems in the house or near doors. And they don't have the awful chemical smells of household pet products that are far less superior. Not including they actually slightly change the mixture every year so immunities do not get built up, unlike your typical pet product. Not including a quart of Repel-X is like $10 and Ultra Shield(which is a stronger product) is like $14. And they last a long time especially if only used on one pet. One bottle lasts about a month and a half for one horse with daily spraying IF the flys and gnats are bad. Shoot the bottle for my dog is still 1/2 full and its from last year. Hope this helps
stressedinnj
on 10/29/06 9:31 pm - trenton, NJ
where can I find these ?
* Nicole *
on 11/2/06 5:07 am
Well depending on if you buy things online or not, sites I would suggest would be www.jefferspet.com < that takes you to the main site Jeffers carries products for all pets even exotics like, tigers and bears. Talk about the whole shabang www.horse.com < Country Supply's web site, discount product These two companys also have catalogs which you can request from the site, or order over the phone also. I have done buisness with both and can't say a bad word about either. I suggest thoes 2 sites or look in yellow pages for Tack Shops that would be in your area Even though these say for use on horses and ponies, it is just as safe for your dog. Many products for equines and canines are very similar. Just for an odd reason the equine products work better. Hopes this helps, if you need more info gladly ask Nicole
* Nicole *
on 11/2/06 5:13 am
I should note: my dog is 135lbs, so if your dogs are much smaller, one bottle should last QUITE some time. And only buy the premix which is the Quart size. The concentrate even though a better value is hard to mix properly so it will not be to strong for a dog. Too much water renders it inneffective and too little makes it far to strong. With horses if it is a bit stronger it isnt that big of a deal, you just dont spray them again for a few days.
Most Active
Recent Topics