I have 2 'Dash'hounds!~!!!!

IrishLady52
on 10/2/03 3:33 pm - Reeds Springs, MO
Hi, my name is Debbie and I have two doxie--a red short hair and a mini-long hair. I do enjoy them so and they are my fur babies. Sometimes I worry about them...more than myself!! Has anyone else had worries about what would happen to yours if something happened to yourself? Hugs to all
Joanne M.
on 10/26/03 12:28 pm - Millbrook, AL
I have 7.....all short haired, 6 red 1 black and tan. 5 are females 2 males. all neutered except one male. Yes I do wonder about them and how I can deal with it if I lose them. The oldest two are 11 and the other 5 are nine so soon I will have a little "nursing home for weiner dogs." I really love them and feel no one would ever take as good care of them as I do. They all have their own personalities and are such good companions. I do understand how you feel. Enjoy your pups they are such clowns. don't you think. Joanne
TexFlutterby
on 11/22/03 12:34 pm - Cushing, TX
Hello, I have one doxie ~ she is a 2 year old standard short haired double dapple. She is deaf and can not see very well. She is our special needs hair little girl. I do not know what I would do without her. I was worried about her when I had surgery but my hubby loves her as much as I do. So I know he would take good care of her. Hugs, Janie
John O.
on 1/10/04 1:27 pm - Moreno Valley, CA
Hi Debbie, I am owned by two of them, both red, a male and a female. My little girl is a puppy and just turned 9 months. She is a real character of course like all the others who have resided with me. In fact in my profile is a pic of me and I am holding her. Our male is about 8 years old and he is an interesting one. He was owned by my sister and her kids until he was about a year old and we think her kids abused him somewhat. We still love him but he is so insecure that he will not leave my mother when she is home. He also was kidnapped once and was found about 30 miles away. Neither of ours dig like some of our others did but if the front door is open they will run out and run down the street. On more than one occasion they almost got hit by passing cars. Do I worry? Of course. I know that they both will have a problem if I die. I know this because I have been away on short 2-3 day trips and they really greet me when I get back.
chris1962
on 2/26/04 10:10 pm - philadelphia, PA
We love Doxie's too! We have 2 male mini's (and 1 basset hound) Rambo and Bruiser and they are wonderful. Rambo is 1 1/2 years old and is quite the character. He is so active that we had to get him a little brother. Bruiser is almost 6 months old and a real cutie. He is smart! They get along great and sometimes gang up on the basset. Elvis needs the exercise! Ours do not dig much either. The most they with do is take their blankies and dig a little at them to get them just right. They do race from one end of the house to the other at lightening speeds though! We call it the doxie 500! Do your doxie's crawl up on your neck like a ferret? My husband watches tv at night like he has 2 parrots on his shoulders.
Most Active
Recent Topics