Meet my pack!

Kathy J.
on 11/20/03 4:34 am - Liberty, OH
Hi, I do animal rescue from my home. In the process of 40+ adoptions, I have acquired 6 permanant canine residents, 2 feline residents, 2 avian residents and one rodent! Canines: Barney (100#) Newfoundland/German Police, age 10 (the very patient patriarch of the household) Atlas (120#) Great Dane/Rottwieler, age 4, "Delta Dog" (visits schools and nursing homes in our community) Merlin (140#) Merle Great Dane, age 3, (Happy Tail and Wobbler's Syn.) (Full of joy and playfullness!) Max (79#) Black & Tan Doberman, age 2 (abandoned on state route in middle of night at age 3 months) (Favorite of my son) La Who (85#) Red Doberman, 10 months (struck on head with bricks in his own fenced in back yard while owner was at work. Was placed with us for his own protection as owner works odd hours.) Shotzie (6#) Miniature Pincher, 4 months (Was thrown from the window of a moving vehicle of State Route 46 last month.) My cats are Ricky (Grey & White) and Bonito (Orange Tabby). Both animals were abandoned, starving and sick. Now they are both happy and healthy and excellent mousers! I had two others but they disappeared in July. I hope that someone was interested in beautiful, long-haired, female companions. Gweneviere (Meyers Parrot) and Gabriel (Parakeet) are my birds. Gwen has everyone in the house towing the line. She will lay into anyone that bothers her. They have all learned to leave the birds alone! My last member is "Cyranose", my guinea pig (thus named by my daughter because of the size of his nose!). He is about 5 months old now. He has a smooth, reddish brown coat. He keeps the rest of the crew entertained for hours with his antics. With all this commotion you would think we were childless but my husband and I live in a small ranch home with 2 of our 5 children and my mother. The other children are grown and are away at college. Luckily we have a large, fenced yard. My neighbors were very greatful when we installed the fence! Kathy, "weighting" on the insurance company.
Pam W.
on 2/15/04 12:04 pm - Kansas City, KS
Hi Kathy. I would like to say thank you for what you do. I am an animal lover myself. I have a 10 month old black lab (C.J.), a 2 yer old jack russell/chihuahua mix (Beighley), a 1 year old mini chihuahua (Claudia) & a 5 year old tabby cat (Pepper). The world needs more people like you. God Bless you!!! Pam W. P.S. Good luck on your insurance approval!
Most Active
Recent Topics