Basenji-dhihuahua mix

deborah62
on 11/29/03 12:15 pm - Stroudsburg, pa
Hi all, I have 4 dogs. 2 chihuahua, basenji-chihuahua mix and a beagle. My basenji mix is very ill. I am so heart broken. He contracted lyme disease as a result his kidneys have shut down and he is hospitalized. The drs are hoping the iv fluids will jump start his kidneys. He is doing a little better today. I'm trying not to be too hopeful. There is a good chance he would make it and I am heart broken. I would love to hear some words of encouragement and if anyone has experienced anything similar.
alise007
on 1/23/04 1:30 am - Hickory, NC
I am sooo sorry to hear about your baby. We have a basenji and a basenji mix (we think pit bull but he is such a wimp). Do you have a lot of ticks in your area? I am in Pittsburgh and so far we have been lucky...but my Basenji picked up one while visiting my in laws in Northern Va and brought home a deer tick--on the side of her cheek. I was freaked for a little bit but she never displayed any side effects.
deborah62
on 1/23/04 2:27 am - Stroudsburg, pa
Thank you so much for your response. Maxx is a shelter dog and vet thinks he came to me with lyme disease. The vet had said he was in kidney failure due to the lyme disease. He actually stayed in the hospital for two weeks on iv. The vet told me I had to take him home one way or another. The day I took him home I brought him to another vet for a 2nd opinion. It seems that the first vet misdiagnose my poor baby. He does have lyme disease but that isn't the problem. He has addison's which is harmone issue. He is being treated by the new vet and doing absolutely wonderful. It is beyond fantastic to have my baby back.
Most Active
Recent Topics