devasted over a loss

Ann B.
on 12/16/03 9:59 pm - Wolcott, CT
My precious yorkie named Nina passed away this weekend I had to share this with people who are obviouse dog lovers. I am so devasted that I cannot stop thinking about her. I cannot believe the loss I am feeling. I feel like I lost one of my children. Thanks for letting me share.
Tracy E.
on 12/17/03 3:17 am - Duncan, SC
((hugs)) Having lost a Yorkie myself a few years ago, I know exactly what you're going through. They're like your children. I wish you swift healing.
wizz46
on 12/17/03 4:49 am - In
Dear AnnMarie, I am sorry for the loss of your precious baby Nina, the minature breds such as yorkies, and minature schnausers( my babie is a minature schnauser) are so small and cuddly they sometimes often are treated and loved like a real child. Im sure she was very near and dear to your heart. I know that another yorkie could never replace her, but are you planning on getting an other soon? to help fill the void? My daughter's dal, Speckles, got hit by a car and she was so devistated, we all cried and burried Speckles, in our back yard, and a couple of days later we went to the pound and got a pound hound to keep the name close she chose pickles, she is a shepard mix, and one of the most thankful dogs in the world, I truly believe she knows we saved her from being put down. Our daughter will always have speckles in her heart, but now she has Pickles and Bow Peep (border collie)that are her babies now( she shows in the BC in AKC obediance. Have you ever read the poem "the rainbow bridge?" it is about loosing your loved pet, and how they are waiting for you on the other side. It makes me cry sitting here just thinking about it. If you would like to read it and cant find it let me know and I will try to find it for you. (((((huggs))))) Sincerly Rosemary
Ann B.
on 12/17/03 10:03 pm - Wolcott, CT
I would like to thank both of you for responding you truly made me feel better. I am not sure if I am going to get another yet. I really have to heal from this and I dont know when I will be ready. Thank you again. By the way I have not read the poem, but I would love to.
Spanky X.
on 12/18/03 12:58 am - Ogden, UT
AnnMarie, I am soooo very sorry for your loss. I had 2 tiny yorkies, 5lb Peaches and 2 1/2 lb Max. I lost them both 3 yrs ago within 6 months of one another. Peaches was ill with cancer, 15 yrs old, and the vet said little Max grieved to death for her. He was 14 yrs old. I have them buried here in the backyard under their favorite tree. We had a little prayer gathering for each and burned a candle on their graves within a milk jug, that burned for several days. I could not have been more devastated. These yorkies were my babies. I went into quite a depression after I lost them and swore I would not have any more dogs because I couldn't take so much grief. After nearly a year of my son and husband trying to talk me into another dog, I finally agreed and decided to get a boxer. Now that's a big switch from yorkies. I am so happy I did it. I now have Chelsea who I have had since she was 5 wks old. She has so much love to give. Then a year ago, my son brought home Chance, a yr old male boxer whose owners were moving to South Carolina and could not take him along. Oh No! Well, I couldn't love him anymore. These dogs are like a God send to me. I will NEVER EVER forget my Peaches and Max, I still cry over their loss and have their photos out. They will never be replaced within my heart. But I really think that someday we will be reunited again. Take good care. I will be remembering you in my prayers.
Spanky X.
on 12/18/03 1:05 am - Ogden, UT
AnnMarie, Here is a link to the Rainbow Bridge Poem. Hugs from Spanky http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm
Ann B.
on 12/18/03 5:26 am - Wolcott, CT
I really would like to thank everyone for their kind words. I am so depressed but hearing how may people care really matters to me. Thanks again.
Mikayla
on 1/4/04 12:13 pm - Among The Magnolia Trees
AnnMarie, I am so terribly sorry about the loss of your lil loved one. I am a dog lover. I have 7 of them and wouldnt trade them for anything in the world. Its nice to know after you come home from a hards day work, they will be there to greet you and shower you with sloppy kisses. I have a Buff ****er spaniel named Caroline, shes the Queen of the House. I have a Golden Retriver named Foster, a white lab named Chance, a Mutt name Roxanne and a mutt of Roxannes offspring named Baby and we have Lola who is part Britanny and st bernard and finally we have the new puppy Nikko who is a white lab we call him lil Nikki do. They are our family and when they pass away you have to feel the pain the same way as if you had lost a human life. God Bless and may your sadness be lifted.
Trudy H.
on 1/9/04 1:22 pm - South Paris, ME
Hi Ann, I hope time has eased some of your loss. I lost my first lab at 11 months to the neighbors pit bulls. Nothing can ever compensate, but we immediately arranged for another chocolate that weekend. I still cry when I think about Cally, and our next one is named Spirit in his honor. I definitely feel your pain, and don't ever want to go through it again! Trudy
Ann B.
on 1/11/04 11:00 pm - Wolcott, CT
You are so correct I do not think we ever get over it. I swore to my husband I would never get another dog. But this weekend we fell in love with a shih tzu named Emma and brought her home. She did not replace Nina nothing will, but having Emma around seems to bring a hapiness in the house. Thanks again for your post
Most Active
Recent Topics