Luv My Basset Hound!

Eileen S.
on 1/23/04 2:53 pm - San Diego, CA
I wanted to share about my beloved Mr. Bud. He is an 8 year old tri-colored Basset Hound. He is my baby! I grew up having Labs, who are the most loving dogs, who totally want to please you. Well, not so with the Basset Hound. They (and Mr. Bud) are a stubborn dog! I do not train him, he trains us! He rules the roost, and is very demanding of us. He expects the world to revolve around him..and some how or another, we fell under his spell! Anyway, I could not ask for a better dog. He is super smart! His nose always gets the best of him and he loves his mommy!
Sleepyone
on 1/25/04 12:51 pm - Lytle, TX
Hi Eileen, I love my Basset Hounds too. We have 14 of them! Check out our website: www.boothskennels.com Leah Booth
chris1962
on 2/26/04 10:03 pm - philadelphia, PA
We have an eight year old basset named Elvis and yes, he is the KING! He is spoiled rotten and only does what he feels like. He does not do fetch or any other doggie tricks. He does sing though! He loves to sing with us (especially happy birthday). He also will sing on his own if he hears the theme to Love Boat! Most of my neighbors know me as Elvis' mommy, not by my real name!
Eileen S.
on 2/27/04 12:37 am - San Diego, CA
Chris...that is great to hear about Elvis! What a great name for a basset hound...espeically one that sings! Bud, (aka, Mr. Bud, Bud-Bud, and Budder Doodles) didn't even howel (sp?) for the first time until we sat there like idiots for about a half hour doing it ourselves...and he finally did it. He threw his little head back, puckerd his lips and let out the most beautiful sound! LOL! The only other time he has ever done it..was in his sleep! It was like 3:30 am and all of the sudden this "moan" or "wale" came from the other side of the bed...I turned on the light...and woke up the dog. He did it in his sleep! Anyway, I am glad to know Bud is "normal"! I would have never known it until I read a book about Basset Hounds. He by far is the most entertaining dog I have ever had!
chris1962
on 2/27/04 9:11 am - philadelphia, PA
Mr. Bud sounds so cute! We had to teach Elvis too, but he was a fast learner (not so fast about housebreaking). Does your Bud groan? Ours groans when you rub his ears (and that is his favorite thing). He would go on for hours if our arms didn't get tired. He is also a shoplifter. When you take him to the pet store, he just picks up what he wants and goes. We have to check his mouth before we check out.
queenbeeme
on 3/18/04 12:18 pm - Tuttle, OK
Hi, I'm Lori, and brand new to this board... I saw this post as soon as I logged on because my eyes always seem to find anything Basset related... I am a mom of 3 basset hounds and 1 cat... Our female is Daisy she's 4... Our oldest male is Duke (we got him from the OKC animal shelter about 5 years ago, I'm not sure how old he is)... and our brand new baby boy Buddy, he was born on Halloween 2003... Daisy is Red and White, Duke is Tri, and Buddy is Lemon and White... They are the best animals in the world... I haven't had any problems at all getting them trained... Well I've done my into... hope to see lots of Basset stuff on the board... Baby Lori My Whitney & VA My angeletts ~~> Whitney & VA (I have the best 's ever!) 12 days and a wake up
Most Active
Recent Topics