Scottish Border Collies

Melisa M.
on 3/5/04 7:43 pm - Cuminestown, Scotland
I have three scottish border collies and boy are they a handful. anyone that finds out that I have three thinks that I am insane, but I always point out that the more that you have the easier it gets. they exercise each other. they are highly intelligent, very energetic and have more stamina than any human I have met. If you wanted a dog that would run with you, well you could be a long distance runner, go run 10+ miles, come home and the dog would be warmed up and ready to go. they are bred to be highly intense and "ON" all day long and will run 20-25 miles per day. They turn quick on a dime and give you change as the saying goes. Mad for football (soccer for all of yous) and will outplay most people that I have pitted against them so far. specially me! I have yet to meet a breed that can be matched for loyalty. remember Lassie movies? But before you get the wrong idea, my collies do not look like Lassie. Lassie was a rough collie and mine are scottish border collies. if you want to see them and know what they look like you can visit my website and see their smiling impish faces www.morrison.uk.net One that I have is coming into season (Abbey) and we are contemplating breeding her. If we do, it will be our first litter. She is a red tricolour collie which even here in Scotland is rather unusual since the general is the black and white versions. would love to chat with any other collie lovers or anyone that wants to know more about them Melisa Morrison Success is the BEST revenge!
prplgirl
on 4/16/04 1:59 am - Elk Grove Vlg, IL
Cute puppies, we have 1 border collie, her name is Takoda, and she is a great dog. We also have 1 sheltie...the two of them together is great! They love to play together! Thanks. Tricia
Melisa M.
on 4/16/04 10:31 pm - Cuminestown, Scotland
It was good to hear from you. I had begun to wonder if there were any other Border Collie owners out there at all. We will be having even more additions here soon I think. My red tri colour and my black and white have both been mated. The vet thinks that she may be able to tell if they are preganant around the 28 day mark. so in a few weeks will take them in and see. Apparently they carry their pups up high in the rib cage so they don't get fat and heavy visibly until like maybe the very last week. We will be selling the pups to good homes, but since both were mated with a blue steel merle, if we get a female pup that is a red or blue merle we will proably keep that one. so depending on the size of the litters we could be having close to 20 dogs here in the house for the 8 weeks until they go to their new homes. I WILL NOT KEEP THEM! I will not I will not!!
Most Active
Recent Topics