Rotts -whats your view-? To me, really precious dogs!

Renee B.
on 4/24/04 3:39 am - Waldo, WI
I was just curious what everyones view on Rottweilers are. I hear so many people are so afraid of them because of their bad rep. I have 2 rotts and they are so sweet!!. Don't get me wrong they are also very good guard dogs too but with the family they are just the best pets you could ask for!! Their names are Jack (85 lbs) & Gin (99 lbs). They will be one year old in May of 2004 and they are still growing! I believe they grow til they are two years old. Jack is a real baby, he loves getting his belly rubbed and Gin loves to chew on his nylabone. Its funny watching them play because Gin is the bigger on but Jack is more dominent. Love them, they are like my own kids.
Linda H.
on 4/24/04 10:53 am - Lincoln, NE
My daughter has a female rottie and a male german sheperd. They are both great dogs if they know you. The german sheperd is the more aggresive one. I never thought I'd like rotties, but I do really like my daughter's. I use to raise german sheperds and know they can have really different personalities. Some are very aggresive and even dangerous and I'm sure there are some rotties that are that way too. But I also know it makes a difference in how they are raised. Linda My daughter's dogs are going to have puppies. Should be an interesting mix.
Sharon W.
on 4/24/04 2:14 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Hi I'm Sharon (1/13/04) My best friend has a rott. She is the sweetest dog. She has graduated top in her class for obedience training. The only thing is she thinks she is a lap dog. The other day after my friend was getting dressed for work. She found her Rott sitting at the kitchen table with her kong. Just waiting for it to be filled with treats. My friend said now the dog has taken begging to another level. I have no fear of this dog.
clpeltier
on 5/1/04 6:41 am - Howell, MI
I think 99% of a dog's temperament is in how it is raised. I know a pit bull that is the sweetest dog ever! She is also a huge lap dog.
Jeanine K.
on 5/3/04 6:03 am - Waterbury, CT
I have a 6 year old male rottie, Sampson.. He is the love of my life. He weighs in at about 125 pounds, which is overweight for a rottie..Boy can he eat. He is the biggest baby in the whole world.. I really think it is how they are brought up. Rotties are very smart and if you teach them to be aggressive then they will grow to be aggressive, however, if you teach them to respect people and you give them lots of love and socialize them with people, they will turn out to be wonderful members of your family. And I feel that is true for any dog. I also have a 2 1/2 year old female siberian husky, Dalilah and a 1 year old male siberian husky, Cain. Cain is the one that we need to worry about, not my big boy... Jeanine Martin
Denise W.
on 5/19/04 2:41 am - MD
I have a 3 year old male Rottie....Bo...he is a big baby. I also have 2 mini dachshunds who are his best buddies! They play, eat and sleep together. He is so gentle with them! Love my big boy.
April B.
on 5/21/04 12:43 pm - SW, MO
My first great love was my first Rottie. Her name was Jade. She was my first baby. I miss her so badly. She was sweetest thing you ever saw. Everyone who met her loved her. Even people who were deadly afraid of all dogs. She never barked one day in her life. She loved everyone especailly kids. I missed her so much since she was killed by a speeding driver who ran her down on purpose doing 75 or more in a residental zone. I missed her so bad I named my first born son after her. She is still much loved and never will be forgotten.
Most Active
Recent Topics