I love SHIH TZU's

PixieButterfly2005
on 5/17/04 8:19 am - Eugene, OR
We raise them, have puppies due 6/11/04. I think they are the greatest dogs, such love and personalities.
chantilly
on 5/21/04 10:06 am - Hamilton, Canada
I just bought a darling little shih tzu, they sure do have their own little personalities. I think they are just adorable.
Sametta C.
on 5/25/04 2:59 pm - Liberty Twp, OH
I know what you mean. I LOVE them too. I have a purebred shih tzu. Hes going to be 14 this year though. I'm worried about him getting older. I don't know what I would do without him. He always knows when I'm upset and when he was younger he would come get in my lap when I would get upset and sit with me. I also have a 3 year old maltese/shih tzu mix girl. Shes something else. She really has a personality. They are both my babies and I treat them like kids. They are spoiled rotten. Especially the girl since shes younger and DEMANDS more attention. Well, just thought I'd share. Sametta
Traci K.
on 5/28/04 11:30 am - Sullivan, MO
Another Tzu lover here as well. My Baby Bear turned 3 this past December. He's all black and is my little cuddle bug! Traci
BullDog Lady
on 7/1/04 12:35 pm - Somewhere GREAT!
Hi there! I have a Chiuhahuha/****zu mix! I love her to death. Her mom and dad were noth papered. I bought her from the local flea market last Nov, and would not give one red sent for her. My hubby and I are looking inot finding her a mate and breeding her. Any suggestions? BullDog Lady AKA Becky
Karen Y.
on 7/5/04 10:56 pm - Allen, TX
My suggestion is - DON'T DO IT!!! There is such a problem with overpopulation of pets right now that reputable breeders are in danger of being regulated out of business. I show and breed shih tzu, and - believe me - you don't make any money if you do it right. First, there are all the health checks on mom and dad. I surely don't want to pass on any hereditary diseases if I can avoid it. Then there is the health of the mom. Are you ready to do a c-section if necessary? That's $300 - 500. And the litter may only be 1 puppy. Shots for the puppies, worming twice, and you absolutely should not even THINK about placing the pups until they are 12 weeks old. Next, are you ready to keep the puppies if you can't find homes? Plus, why breed a mixed-breed dog? It would be far better if you spend just a fraction of what you would spend to breed to have her spayed, and let her be your little love.
Most Active
Recent Topics