Anyone out there with Siberian Huskies???

jennohio
on 8/30/04 5:02 am - Toledo, OH
Just found this particular board...we have two adorable and ornery Siberian Huskies. Sadie we got from a breeder when she was 8 weeks old...she's gray and white long and lanky (racing style**** blue eyes, and is now a little over 3 years old. She's my favorite Kody we rescued December 13th. He's estimated to be 4-5 years old...he's black and white, blue eyes, shorter and fuller (more typical siberian look). We had some medicial difficulties with him due to a few different factors... 1. turns out he had a genetic abnormality with his mouth area 2. part of his tongue was bitten off (we guesstimate he was probably kicked in the jaw when he was panting or a dog fight) 3. he had severe salivary gland/vocal chord problems also due most likely to abuse or fight) Not to mention he was underweight and had a bit dull coat. He's been doing great particularly the last month...he's an ideal weight...healed up from surgeries...coat is beautiful (and finally almost done molting!!!!) and he's about the most gentle sweetie imaginable. He can't howl or woo though (due to the damage to his chords)...if he does make a sound (besides a whimper when it's storming) he sounds like a seal...poor guy...he's my other favorite Ok Ok...so my favorite is both of them together Now the biggest issue is what to do with all those muddy paws!!!!! At that moment neither one is my favorite!!! Anyways...those are our babies...just wondered if anyone out there also had some "shed maniac ornery diggers who are waaaaay too smart for there own good and know just how to rap you around there little paws Siberians" God Bless you in your journey, Jennifer
Kimberly A.
on 8/30/04 4:37 pm - Fresno, CA
Woooo!! they sound so gorgeous!!!! I love Huskies!! I have two mix's myself and they are my babies!! Hurrah to you for the rescue!!! Both of mine are rescues!! I have trained mine to urinate in the dirt, to spare my lawn. so I have the muddy feet issue too! I have found in the store doggie booties, called Mut-luks. They carry something similer at the PETsMARTS during winter. (DO NOT get the fleece ones as they only make your life miserable!) They velcro on and take a little getting used to for the kiddos, but after they work out the newfangled thingies on their feet they do fine! and I can take them off just before they come back in. When its not so muddy out I just have them walk across some grass for a few mins to get the dust off. And Vac****igh..Wades through the dog hair..Betcher glad the molting is almost over! Ha! Good Luck!!
ZapItGirl
on 9/27/04 10:23 pm - wyandotte, MI
We just got a Siberian Husky puppy last week. Her name is Jasmine. She's so sweet. Kind of a big ox right now. She's 5 months old. She is bi-eyed. (one blue & one brown eye) Just like you said these dogs are so smart. It's only been a week & we already taught her how to sit & shake. It literally took like 10 minutes to teach her. OMG the muddy paws thing is awful already. She stays in a crate at night & she cries the whole time. The breeder we got her from didnt crate her at night so she's not used to it. I give her a Kong with peanut butter in it to pacify her at night. She was also with her parents until we took her home. She cried a lot the first day. She's a digger & a collector. She takes anything thats not nailed down out the back door. (including the TV remote!) She buries things once she gets enough out there. She also sleeps on her back with her legs spread out. She is so silly & we're so happy to have her.
LesaPurdy
on 10/21/04 1:25 pm - panama city bch, fl
My husband and I have a hybrid wolfe he is part syberian,alasken malamute and timber wolf.. he has all the marking of the syberian husky but the yellow eyes of a wolf.. he is an awesome dog.. beautiful aren't they?
Most Active
Recent Topics