Any Collie Lover's or Humane Educators out there?

blessing4u
on 10/28/04 1:08 pm - Jeffersonville, IN
Hello, my name is Greer Cowley and I am hooked on collies (although I love all dogs)! I presently serve as VP of the Collie Club Of KY and am also education director. I own only two collies...a blue smoothie male named Micah and a rough mahogany sable ***** named Faith. They are my family and I love them dearly! I have worked in Humane Education and Animal Science/adult education and would be interested in hearing from anyone with the same interests. I am scheduled to be "banded" in late November.
melanieavril
on 2/14/06 3:54 pm - Seattle, WA
Dear Greer: I have a lovely, 11-year-old, female, sable/white/tricolor cross named Gwenevere Bonnie. Gwenevere means fair lady and Bonnie means pretty or beautiful. She has several nicknames: Veres, Gwen, Versie, Vens, Vensie, Sweetie, TeeTee, Honey, Baby, Babydog, Dogface -- and also has a great vocabulary. She understands all of the standard obedience commands and also knows: toy, snake (her toy snake, that is), rat, bear (her toy bear), squirrel, doggie, Mommy, birdie, "go get him" (i.e. go get the squirrel), bison (her toy bison), ball, brown monster (i.e. the UPS truck), "nice dog" (her toy collie), get up, go to your bed, Dann (the landlord's name), Kola (the neighbor's dog's name), "we're home" (i.e after a car trip), hand signals, "go see", "who's there" or "who is it" (i.e. look for someone at the door), treat, foodsie (meaning food), walk, come inside, pawsies (meaning paws), drumsticks (which she thinks are her back legs), friend (meaning good person) and pizza. Gwenevere is my second collie. My first was Bonnie Brooke Queen. She lived to almost 16 years of age -- pretty old for a collie. Like you, I too love collies. They are incredible animals. Considering how old your posted message is, I hope it's not too late to hear back from you on this site. By the way, I lived in Tennessee for a few years and attended Vanderbilt University while I was there. I know that Kentucky is also famous for thoroughbred horses, which I also love. Are you a fan of horses, too? Best wishes, Melanie
Most Active
Recent Topics