Very positive update to the constipation saga...

Julie R.
on 4/28/11 10:06 am - Ludington, MI
 Wow!   I hope this solves the problem once in and for all.   You are too young to have to endure such hardship.    Very interesting about the relationship between weight loss and pelvic floor dysfunction.    

And yes, I read your posts all the time.    Since the FB page started up, the boards aren't as active, but I still hang on here.  I prefer to post here because 1)  I think I reach a broader community and 2)  It's too hard to follow DS posts with the FB format, because the posts are often so long
Julie R - Ludington, Michigan
Duodenal Switch 08/09/06 - Dr. Paul Kemmeter, Grand Rapids, Michigan
HW: 282 - 5'4"
SW: 268
GW: 135
CW: 125

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/11 10:09 am
Great news, Kayla!
duncans
on 4/28/11 2:37 pm
Nice glasses and haircut, Steve!

sia
on 4/28/11 10:10 am - NY
 Right on. I've been wondering how you were doing. So happy that you have several people in the medical field who want to get everything resolved once and for all. You so deserve this!
We Are A Fever. We Are A Fever. We ain't born typical. ~ The Kills
If you have any g-ddamn sense and want WLS, think about the DS.www.dsfacts.com
amccu18007
on 4/28/11 10:37 am - Newark, DE
Kayla, that is wonderful news! I hope that this resolves your problems that soon this will be a distant memory for you!
  Amanda
SW 269    CW 135.6  GW 140    

Lisey
on 4/28/11 10:42 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Big congratulations on finally finding an answer and solution.  Way to be proactive, listen to your body, and get the care you deserve!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

pycca
on 4/28/11 11:44 am - Haslet, TX
I too am afaithful Kayla reader !!!! I have learned soo much from you ! I do wish you the best in this new finding,,,

Debi
Samaro ..
on 4/28/11 12:19 pm
That sounds very promising.  I hope they can get you and and fixed up sooner rather than later.

duncans
on 4/28/11 2:35 pm, edited 4/28/11 2:35 pm
Hi Kayla,

Your story is / was my story. I had (have) pelvic floor insufficiency, a rectocoele, cystocoele, vaginal / uterine prolapse. At abt 30 yrs of age I had surgery to correct this and to hopefully help me regain some better distal colon and rectal motility. It did not help me at all. I always have to dig stim to get things moving and have to remove stool. Yes, the stool can be soft, but texture does not affect motility. But hard stool ia a pain in the ass, quite literally, and really rips up rectal fissures.

I hope that surgery is helpful for you. I have come to accept that this is just the ways it is for me. I wonder of the technique is different these days and offers better success.

I'll be thinking of you and am sending good wishes your way.

Susan
I like to read your posts. Often quite useful and informative.

Kayla B.
on 4/28/11 4:04 pm - Austin, TX
How many years ago was that?  I know success rates used to be pretty low (about half).  My urogynecologist says rates have improved to about 90%.  Not perfect, but I seriously have no option.  My quality of life has been really poor. 

Have you thought of consulting with a gastroenterologist and having marker studies done?  Do you think you'd benefit from a partial colon resection?  I guess it really determines what your quality of life is like.  I really cannot go to the bathroom.  Not with digital manipulation, not with laxatives, not at all!  Sometimes if I have really firm stool, I'm able to move it pretty well, but most of the time I need glycerine suppositories and the relief still isn't that great.

Thanks for your perspective.  I am definitely going to look further into failure rates.  I hope you're able to get some relief.
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 347 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 804 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views