7 months, 138lbs, and some (possibly lame) analogies

Renee2007
on 6/14/11 2:01 am - Central, FL
 Congrats on your GREAT success! You look fantastic!

I know for me I felt consumed and sometimes overwhelmed trying to figure out my DS and what worked and what didn't. I can say that for myself it just became second nature. At 3.5 years out I just live my life. I know which foods I need to avoid early in the day, if I'm going to be out and about. I know now what works the best for my body. I know my limits of certain foods before they can start to cause some problems. It just seems to happen over time and it becomes comfortable. You will get there too and when you do it's a great feeling. 

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Hendramy
on 6/14/11 11:25 pm

Thanks Renee!  You've definitely been inspirational.  You've really rocked it out and toned up too!

It's good to hear that I'm not alone and that it may take a few years to get used to this.  It was something that I never really considered pre-op.

Amy
HW 324/ SW 303/ CW 172/ GW130            
Blank Out
on 6/14/11 3:21 am
 Look at you in your sexy swim suit!  Wish I had bewbies like yours!  Mine are all wrinkly skin and sad, very sad!  I am so happy for you!  You are so darn cute!  AND, you have the personality to go with it!  

Loved this post!  Made me happy!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Hendramy
on 6/14/11 11:30 pm
You're a hoot Diane!  My bewbies are non-existent.  I was a C before and now I'm a folded up B.  WISH they were like a tangerine in a tube sock, but they're more like an apricot in a deflated balloon.  Very sad.  I need to buy myself a rack once I get to goal!
Amy
Blank Out
on 6/14/11 3:23 am
P.S.
Your analogy is just perfect by the way!  Great way to look at this DS ride!

HW/ 302  SW/287  CW/140  GW/135

Ann M.
on 6/14/11 3:36 am - GA
Wow! You have done fantastick and it  is a perfect analogy. I too learned on an automatic and had to go with a stick shift for themoney reasons. It was scary at first but I ended up loving the control I had. I hope the DS works the same for me!

PS- How big is your sleeve and what is your cc length? THANKS!

-Band to DS revision on 06/21/2011!
Highest known Wt/ Lowest Wt (Banded)/ Regain-Starting Wt/ Current Wt/ Goal Wt
379.6/ 272/ 342/ 169/ South of 200

Hendramy
on 6/14/11 11:33 pm
Thanks!  I figured that manual drivers might know what I meant!

I have a big sleeve, was made with a 48bougie and a 100cm common channel.  There are extremes where using the Hess method would provide a significantly different result (and those folks should please chime in) but when the surgeon is in there measuring it's like pulling a rubber band and if they measured 5 times you'd get five different measurements so going with a standard 100cm cc is pretty common.
Amy
Nurse N.
on 6/14/11 3:47 am
Amy you look absolutely amazing, and to only be 7 months out, you are totally rocking your DS!

I love, love analogies, even though I'm a preop this analogy could go for so many aspects of life.

Keep rocking it!!!

Nika

Lapband September 2007------>Revision to Duodenal Switch September 6, 2011

*A SETBACK IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR A COMEBACK!

Hendramy
on 6/14/11 11:36 pm

Thanks Nika!  It hasn't been uneventful but I feel firmly that I chose the best possible surgery.  Honestly I lucked into it to a certain extent because the first time I heard of it was during my orientation.  After some research I knew it was right for me. 

I really feel bad for folks who need revision, but I know that you'll find the strength to make this journey and it's going to be for the best for your long term health!  Good luck! 

Amy
PekinSal
on 6/14/11 7:03 am - UK
Congratulations on your journey so far!

I think it helps to see it as a journey, probably one that takes a lifetime. At first you're very conscious of DS and its the most important thing not to 'break' it. Then you get to feel safe with it, and let it do its thing for you.

I still wake up some mornings and worry that my DS won't work anymore, but it does. It stops being the first thing you tell people about yourself, but sometimes you have to remind yourself of what the DS rules are because not everything is effortless. Three years out I remember every day I have the DS and that while it keeps me at a steady weight it also comes with the strings of having to look after myself. Only about 5% of my life is about DS now, the rest is about life, which I can see you are grabbing hold of again!

xx

DS revision from failed lapband

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 402 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 851 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 275 views