So... guess what I have...

ShersJourney
on 7/7/11 6:30 am
A SURGERY DATE!!!
*happy dance*

It is bittersweet, because my sweet Tony is not here to share in this happy news, something that he - alongside my other 2 kids - sacrificed for - but I believe he is with me and shares my joy in whatever way he can...

AUGUST 25, 2011!!

I've waited SO long for this date, I can't believe it's finally here!!

So Julie R., shine up that halo - we're finally here!

Blessings,
Sherry

scoob
on 7/7/11 6:41 am - Somerset, KY
Happy Dance 

That's right around the corner! So happy for you! Congrats!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Amy_Kleve
on 7/7/11 7:11 am - Adrian, MN
On July 7, 2011 at 1:30 PM Pacific Time, ShersJourney wrote:
A SURGERY DATE!!!
*happy dance*

It is bittersweet, because my sweet Tony is not here to share in this happy news, something that he - alongside my other 2 kids - sacrificed for - but I believe he is with me and shares my joy in whatever way he can...

AUGUST 25, 2011!!

I've waited SO long for this date, I can't believe it's finally here!!

So Julie R., shine up that halo - we're finally here!

Blessings,
Sherry

Congrats! SO EXCITING!!
Lap band 4 years ago. Revised to DS 8-2-11

StephOinAZ
on 7/7/11 7:32 am
YAY!!  That is wonderful!  Congratulations
teachmid
on 7/7/11 8:07 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations!!
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

MajorMom
on 7/7/11 8:16 am - VA
Congratulations, Sherry, wonderful news!!! 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

airbender
on 7/7/11 8:20 am
horray,  it will be here before you know it!!!!!
meredith_123
on 7/7/11 9:23 am - Waterford, MI
Congrats, that will be here before you know it!!  I'm just curious, did you get your date at the surgeon consultation, or did you have to wait?  I'm having my surgery with Dr. Kemmetter too.  I see the internist next week on the 12th and then I see him on the 25th this month.  I'm hoping for a August surgery, hopefully they will have one available.

Thanks,
Mere
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
ShersJourney
on 7/7/11 9:53 am
I definitely wouldn't count on an August date considering mine was the next available.  The way it works for "normal" people is meet with the Internist, and Scott (the behaviorist), and the surgical consult w/ Dr. K. - after that, they order labs to make sure levels are good (D, B1, lipid profile).  I was also scheduled for an EGD because my previous hack of a doctor (pcp) had me on NSAIDS for over a year instead of putting me on Lyrica for my neuropathy (they have to check for ulcers).

I had my EGD last Thursday and it was all clear, and Dr. K's assistant (Netty) called today with the date and to let me know my other appointments (PA & Nutritionist) - plus there's a 2 week diet prior to surgery.

Oh - and if you're a smoker, that's a whole other issue - you'll need to have quit for a month prior and submit to a urinalysis to prove it - they don't mess around w/ our health but thank God for that!

Good Luck with your surgery, Dr. K's awesome IMO!

Best,
Sherry

meredith_123
on 7/7/11 10:21 am - Waterford, MI
Thanks Sherry!  I figured it would be more like September, but I was hoping for sooner.  I forgot to ask about how far out they are scheduling when I called there yesterday to set up my appointments .  I'm seeing Scott the same day I see Dr. K on the 25th.  Since I switched from a weight loss program closer to my house that preps people to see their surgeon (he doesn't do the DS, I changed my mind from RNY 3 months ago), I already did a lot of the testing with them.  I already have a letter from a behaviorist, but I'm seeing Scott too.  I have 2 weeks between the appointment with the internist and the surgical consult.  I'm hoping they can order my labs at that 1st appointment if they need to.  I already had labs done 3 times during the 6 month wait, and worked very hard to get my vitamin levels up to normal. 
I don't smoke, so at least that's 1 less thing to worry about with getting this surgery scheduled. 
  5'5" -- HW 275/SW 246/GW 130/CW 157      
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1045 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1202 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 497 views