New recipe idea, have you tried it?

linda1814
on 7/7/11 10:28 pm
 Yeah, there was an old Weigh****cher recipe that used a packet of taco seasoning mixed with cottage cheese and pureed in a blender to make a dip.  Of course in the WW days, I used fat free cottage cheese but I bet with the full fat stuff it would come out pretty good.  The color is a little gross though.

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days

Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

beemerbeeper
on 7/7/11 2:11 pm - AL
I eat Greek yogurt with splenda to taste and SF preserves. 

~Becky

(deactivated member)
on 7/7/11 2:12 pm
On July 7, 2011 at 6:03 PM Pacific Time, butercup wrote:
So, I love Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mixed into the tub of sour cream, but there is only trace amounts of protein in it.

I'm wondering how it would tasted if it were mixed in with Greek yogurt.  I can't stand Greek yogurt on its own, but I may like it with the dip mix.

Any thoughts?  Have any of you tried it?  Or do you have other idea's on how to make Greek yogurt taste less....funky? 

I did try the fruit variety and I wasn't a fan.  I wanted so badly to like it too.
greekfood.about.com/od/dipsspreadspures1/r/Tzatziki.htm

This isn't ranch, but it's da bomb and high protein. Use full fat fage and you can skip the sour cream. Or use 2% with sour cream.
jaellie
on 7/7/11 9:27 pm
I love using full fat greek yougert...but darn it there is something in that ranch dressing mix that does not agree with me : (

StephOinAZ
on 7/8/11 1:59 pm

I posted this on my blog forever ago- not that the fat content matters now, but it does taste awesome with greek yogurt:

http://watchstephlose.blogspot.com/2010/02/food-find.html

I still have a bunch, it's so good!  They have a ton of flavors too. 

butercup
on 7/9/11 7:59 am - Kennewick, WA
You need to start posting again sister! :)
P. Poster
on 7/9/11 12:22 am
 We don't use sour cream in our house anymore, only Greek yogurt.  I get the plain, full fat Fage- tastes just like sour cream to me (and DH and DD haven't noticed the switch either).  I've made dips with it (french onion, ranch, taco, ect) and I will also make sweet treats too.  My fave sweet ways to have it are with SF lemon curd, SF pudding mixed in, SF jam or preserves, or just some SF syrups (I really like the mango).  We go through a LOT of Greek yogurt since my DD loves it too!  
adkmtngirl
on 7/10/11 9:24 am - Brant Lake, NY
I use Greek Yogurt (Chobani's) instead of sour cream in everything! I have a 6yo *****fuses to eat meat of any kind, but loves dips for his veggies, so I switched to usign the Chobani's or Cottage Cheese (run through the blender to make it more smooth) so that he gets his protein in. 
Kristina

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 419 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 860 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 277 views