Still freaking out over clothes shopping today...

cathygo
on 12/8/11 2:07 am
I love your post and can't wait to be there too! 

I , on the other hand, went clothes shopping yesterday ( I am pre surgery) and it sure wiped out the fear I was having.  It was as if after every dressing room experience the anxiety melted off. Great therapy!   Cheap too, I  only bought a scarf.   No more doubts, no more what ifs, I am going through with this and going to love shopping very soon too :) 

Cath

callmeEJ
on 12/8/11 4:25 am - Minneapolis, MN
Be careful spending your cash, because those clothes may not last you too long! I have had times where I can only wear an item of clothing for a month or two before it gets too big. Think places like Target, Walmart, and Old Navy for your basics. Also consignment shops & thrift shops. The hugest pain in the rear shopping for myself now is that I can't just assume something fits because I think I know my size, I have to try EVERYTHING on or I'm in trouble.
-EJ
"If television's a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won't shut up." -cat and girl

5'6" HW 325 / SW 317 / CW 214 / First Goal 190    |    Century Club 09/19/2011
Valerie G.
on 12/8/11 4:39 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
This moment is going to come back several times in the next 6 mos or so -- enjoy it each time.  My biggest recommendation is to find the upscale consignment and thrift stores in your area.  You'd be amazed what people discard, and as often as you'll be needing to replace your wardrobe, you'll be grateful not to break the bank.  I had a couple of consignment stores that I took my clothes to, and used those to fund my next purchases.  I've made $6 off of sweaters that I paid $2 for at a thrift store, so you can even make a profit sometimes.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

scoob
on 12/8/11 4:47 am - Somerset, KY
WOW! Isn't it thrilling?! I know I look at clothes in a whole new way now. I finally get to wear what I LIKE not just what fits! So happy for you! You have many more shopping days ahead!! FUN FUN!!

Ruby

tazmaddy34 is my HW/SW/CW/GW 346/335/183/150   5'4.25"

Bluebird
on 12/16/11 10:35 am - long beach, CA
 I LOVE this post!!!   
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 977 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1169 views
Need help for my mom