6 years out...gained back 30+ pounds

Valerie G.
on 9/5/12 4:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 I regained 20 - lost 15, then regained 10 back in the past 3 years.   Scotty's right that it's an expectation to regain around 10-15% back from the lowest.   One thing I noticed on this most recent regain is that my boobs have really filled out this time - so this is a very welcome change.  Don't sweat it too badly.  The body adjusts over the years and like real life people, we adjust to our situations, too.  Do your best to not get out of control with carbs and you'll keep in good shape.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

lauried
on 9/5/12 6:49 am - Barrie, Canada
Ok.  So here's a question for you all.  About how many calories do you eat in a day?  I could easily say I am eating 3000+.

So I tried cutting back yesterday.  1800 calories.  56 grams of carbs and 200+ grams of protien.  Is this close to what everyone else is doing?

By the way I lost 2 pounds. I know its water weight, but it feels good to see the scale go down a little and it makes me feel like I am doing something positive once again,
Laurie D
Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll be among the stars.

jazzy31
on 9/6/12 7:55 am
I'm having the same issue.  I've gained between 10-15% back from my lowest since Sept 2011.  I too have noticed that I like how my body has filled out more and I like it.  However, my stomach lookes like I have a little dounut tire around me   I'm glad to have found this post today because I've been beating myself up.  I moved to another state and I went home to visit for Labor day and I felt like everyone was noticing how I gained weight since I moved.  I'm trying not to let that bother me because I have to stay focused on what I think vs what everyone else is thinking. 

I think I should just focus on making better choices in my food and watching my carbs and fats maybe.  I'm not sure which one is the problem or if it's both.  I think it was Laurie D who asked about the number of calories/carbs/protein per day.  I would love to know that as well.  Also how much fat are you allowing per day? 

I will say that I do feel like I'm in the best physical shape of my life.  I'm working out good and my body is starting to find it's shape.  When I was at my lowest I didnt look shapely. 

I just want to say we all must hang in there.  We have done excellent jobs and sometimes we fall off track but let's all get back on track and focus on the goal to be healthy. 

Have a great day everyone!!!

HW:330, SW: 280, CW: 161, GW: 165         

Victorious_one
on 9/6/12 8:55 am - South Central, PA
Hi, LaurieD and everyone.

I would strongly recommend using MyFitnessPal to keep track of how much protein and carbs you are actually consuming.  I know I'm always stunned at how little protein I get when I keep track of it.  A lot of DSers are over there, and it has helped many stay on track for exercise and for keeping carbs in check.  For me, it forces me to keep my protein up.

I would also recommend continuing to use or returning to protein shakes.  Many have said that the shakes are very helpful in making sure they consume sufficient protein, and it gives people more freedom to eat the things they enjoy. 

Congratulations on keeping the weight off for this long!  You can do it.

Nicole  Lab rata data link- One-half of a DS couple!  - I'M BELOW GOAL!
 http://bit.ly/DSExp  After a very rough start it's official--I my DS!  Romans 8:28 
Looking for DS information? Start at 
 http://bit.ly/newDS and DSFacts.com 
LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers         
jazzy31
on 9/6/12 9:01 am
Which protein shakes would you recommend for someone who never uses them and don't do milk???  What should I look for when I buy protein shakes or powder...how many grams of protein per serving is good?

Thanks!

HW:330, SW: 280, CW: 161, GW: 165         

lauried
on 9/6/12 9:17 am - Barrie, Canada
Thanks Nicole,

I have been using FITDAY for a couple of days.  It has my post surgery weight from many years ago.  Probably not the best site, but it's helping. 

I woofed 2500 calories yesterday. 256 grams of protien and 156 carbs....which means the rest was fat lol.

I did not eat any sugar however...which for me is a victory!!!!  The past 3 years the weight has been creeping back up.  I went froma size 2 (which I have to admit was too thin for me) to a size 12...I feel llike a whale which in perspective is hilarious since I spent the better part of my life at a size 20.

Anyways, the advice here has been sound.  Baby steps, don't beat yourself up, stay in check witht he protien and carbs...I have to tey to remember that we DSers have a competitive advantage over the general population when it comes to weight loss.  I need to embrace that and work it!

Thanks to everyone for the advice!
Laurie D
Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll be among the stars.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 587 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 961 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 326 views