5 year surgiversary

PeteA
on 8/13/18 4:57 am - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

Sure. Always glad to talk about it. The first thing that I focused on was the long term weight loss.
I was already a little afraid about going under the knife but determined. I decided that given 40 years of
watching my weight yo yo up and down, always ending up higher, I needed the surgery that would have the best chance to give me long term success.

The switch part seemed the key to my long term goal of keeping the weight off.

This was all especially true given my weight at the time putting me in the morbidly obese category. Over 500 when I started and 464 by the time I had surgery.

As I researched, and went through the archives here, it seemed to me that the truly bad outcomes were pretty rare and were sometimes surgeon focused. I talked to my surgeon about his complication rate for the DS and hie patients long term success. The rest all seemed to be things that I could handle (vitamins, hydration, smelly BM's). The biggest thing that he told me that turned out mostly wrong was having to have a BM 5 or 6 times a day. While early on I had days like that it didn't turn out ti be the case in the long run. Usually twice a day or once in the morning for me.

Feel free to ask any questions. There are a lot of people that succeed with the RnY but my decision was to go with the stats and go with the DS.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

(deactivated member)
on 8/13/18 4:22 pm
DS on 12/17/18

Thank you for sharing

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 430 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 876 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 2 replies · 290 views