Looking for suggestions...big time potty problem!

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/08 11:23 pm
Im having a very bad time right now with my bowel.I have very loose stool and I am going often..4-5 times a day!
This has caused a hemmeroid flare up and the pain is awful I just purchased Xylocane to freeze the area it is so bad...
the other night on the potty and literally found myself on the floor passed out,I dont know if it was caused by the pain from the h roids or if my body was reacting to the bowel movements,ie low electralites.
Anyone have any suggestions/recomendations?

Thanks in advance
L

SandrainOnt
on 7/20/08 11:26 pm - Canada
Hi Laural..

First off give me a call.  I am home.  Secondly maybe it's a fischer? (sp).  They from what I hear can be excruciating..

">
    Bless my DS!  Ask me why I love it so much!
    Huggs to all of my Angelettes.

G
on 7/20/08 11:40 pm - Cincinnati, OH
i agree that it could be a fischur and they are very very painful.  i have very loose, to totally loose, stools but they don't cause me problems, other than sometimes timing !  i am 7 months out and my surgeon told me last week at my appt that I should take immodium to slow down the number of times I go in a day.  it is usually 6 to 8 times but a lot more if i eat a lot of carbs.  i just started the immodium yesterday so i don't know how much benefit i'll actually get from it.  i also take a maintence dose of flagyl.  it has completely controlled all of the bad gas issues i had but doesn't seem to help with the loose stools.  oh well, that's a small price to pay for success.

you should contact your surgeon or family doctor about your problem so you can get some much needed relief.  i hope you feel better soon.

g

Surgery Date 12/18/07   Ht 5'7"  SW 268/ CW 179 / GW 160 

LisaH73
on 7/20/08 11:47 pm - Middletown, OH
I've gone from the toilet to the floor a couple times, though it was pre-surgery and during pregnancy. Both times I was dehydrated and a little malnourished from the baby taking all my nutrients. I had to start drinking a lot more water and up certain vits. I don't know if that helps any but that's my experience with it.
Dayton/Cincy/Col's Yahoo Group
My DS Photo Page  holding steady at goal since Sept. '08
DS Shirt Shop (non profit)
Yahoo: JoRoLisa73 AIM: JoRoLisa73
Elizabeth N.
on 7/20/08 11:56 pm - Burlington County, NJ
Get with your doctor. You need lab work to check your electrolyte balances for sure. This is serious. Don't delay. You need to know what you should be ingesting to help make up for what's coming out. You might need something via IV to get  your levels balanced.

Do you have any idea what might have precipitated this round of the "trots"?

You definitely need to be evaluated at the bottom end for fissure issues, along with whatever else they check for down there. I'm (thankfully) totally inexperienced with bottom matters, but I know a thing or two about how sick a bit of dehydration or fouled up electrolytes can make you. It sucks :-(. I hope you feel better soon.
(deactivated member)
on 7/21/08 12:06 am
Thanks all, I have called for an appointment.

Will keep you updates as to the result in case anyone else comes across this!

L
zappre
on 7/21/08 12:08 am
I just posted (one thread up) about my discovery that when I cut carbs way back, my DHR cut way back as well.  It may only be one way to resolve this but after many months of struggling with this, I've found carb cutting really helps.

HW-373 / SW-352 / CW-160 / GW-185                     

S. B.
on 7/21/08 12:17 am - Canada
I swear by probiotics. If you haven't started them, then I recommend you do. I had acid poo and a fissure that healed up almost overnight when I started probiotics. Urgency and gas got better, too.
SherryB

(deactivated member)
on 7/21/08 10:01 am
Thanks Sherry,
May I ask what probiotics you are taking and where you buy them?
Ill be in Hamilton tomorrow!

Laural
S. B.
on 7/21/08 10:10 am - Canada
Hi Laural
I go to Goodness Me on Upper Gage, just off the Linc. It's called Udo's Choice Super 8 Hi-Potency Probiotics. It's kept in the fridge about 3/4 the way down the store. The people there have been really helpful to me.

I hope this helps.
SherryB

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 870 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1112 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 381 views