One more reason not to get the lap band...

Larissa P.
on 8/9/08 12:07 pm - Denton, TX
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/a,messagebo ard/action,replies/board_id,4861/cat_id,4461/topic_id,369392 7/

This lady was short changed by her PS - he wouldn't do her TT properly because of her lap band port.
Duodenal Switch hybrid due to complications.

Click! > DS Documents ~ VitaLady.com ~ DSFacts.com ~ OH DS FB
Linny77
on 8/9/08 12:18 pm - Dayton, OH
 That does suck. Wanna hear another good reason not to? Was watching another episode of Big Medicine (yes Im a glutton for punishment) and they were doing surgery on this poor woman whos band had grown into either her stomach or her abdominal wall (dont remember which) either way, they dug around and dug around and couldnt even find it to take it out, and they just decided to leave it in. I didnt finish the episode, but wow....
Official DS Forum Goth Girl! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

SusieS
on 8/9/08 12:25 pm - Alvin, TX
The band in that surgery was from 15-20 years ago. It is not the modern day band we have now . My surgeon is Dr. Robert  Davis from Big Medicine and he would not perform a Lap-Band procedure period if he believed it didnt work and caused significant problems like erosion into the stomach. Don't get me wrong...things like that do happen but...the incidences of things like that are in the smallest percent. When it comes to weight loss surgery...different strokes for different folks. 
amyc
on 8/9/08 12:26 pm - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
Susie,
I was just getting ready to type that.....you saved me a few minutes lol.
Amy

Beam me up Scottie
on 8/9/08 11:59 pm
Well it's no different with the current laugh band. It uses the exact same mechanism....except it's "adjustable"....the reason we haven't seen any 20 year post op lap band patients having these kind of issues is that the band has only been done in the US for just over 5 years....wait another 10 or 15 years, and you'll see backlogs in the OR of banders needing emergency band removals.

Live and let live? If you saw a building on fire, wouldn't you yell fire to warn people? Well

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE the band is evil FIRE FIRE FIRE

Scott
LeaAnn
on 8/10/08 2:41 am - Huntsville, AL
wlscand09
on 8/11/08 7:37 am - Tickfaw, LA
^5!!! Laugh Band!!! That is priceless lmao
amyc
on 8/9/08 12:26 pm, edited 8/9/08 12:27 pm - Jacksboro, TN
Revision on 02/28/12
Larissa,
The port could always be moved higher in order to do a tummy tuck.    If the plastic surgeon was worth anything he would have known that and had her surgeon move it. 
I'm not saying the band is perfect, but that shouldn't be a reason for not getting it.
Amy

Kayla B.
on 8/9/08 12:40 pm - Austin, TX
Hey, she's luckier than most lap-banders.  At least she lost enough to get PS!  LOL
5'9.5" | HW: 368 | SW: 353 | CW: 155 +/- 5 lbs | Angel to kkanne
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/beforefront-1-1.jpg?t=1247239033http://s20.photobucket.com/albums/b224/icyprincess77/th_CIMG39903mini.jpg  
Linny77
on 8/9/08 1:47 pm - Dayton, OH
 HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  
Official DS Forum Goth Girl! 

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 872 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1114 views
Need help for my mom