Free revision if failed?

temporarynicole
on 1/12/09 10:38 am

I haven't yet had my surgery but reading the posts on here makes me wonder - if its failed due to the doctor not removing enough intestine, do they cover the cost of the revision since it is their fault?

ShawnaC
on 1/14/09 5:38 am - Houston, TX
It won't be easy finding a doctor admit that he failed, let alone offer a free revision. And who's going to tell you that he didn't remove enough intestine anyway?
"It's all about moderation, not deprivation"..........Shawna
jodyvs
on 1/15/09 8:29 am
Honestly, it's very rare you would stumble upon this if you get a good, reputable surgeon. Most people fail their surgeries by not following the rules, not the other way around.
shoutjoy
on 1/19/09 3:15 am - Culpeper, VA
Hi,

I had the mini gastric bypass (MGB) and my surgeon bypasses six feet on average and the success rate is good.  You can try to suggest that to your surgeon.

Clueless about weight loss and weight loss surgery of any kind.

sharebear
on 11/22/14 2:11 pm - POCATELLO, ID
VSG on 01/27/15

Can u tell me your experience with MGB?

shoutjoy
on 11/22/14 10:21 pm - Culpeper, VA

I had a very good experience with the MGB.  It was a 30 minute procedure.  I spent one overnight stay and then went home.  It's been 14 years and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Paula

firewolf
on 11/23/14 4:43 am

i don't know if this is in the right place, but i had the gastric bypass in 2003 around their about's, i was doing good was 295 start and got down to 155, then in 2004 got sent to California  from Alabama my husband couldn't go with me i had a lot of problems and ended up with PTSD , i ended up putting the weight back on weight 273 right now I've been dieting ever since i came back, i took early retirement 2005, so was looking into away to get my pouch smaller again? i have a bmi of 44.6.  ty       all my children have 4 paws

( All my children have 4 paws )

shoutjoy
on 11/23/14 4:55 am - Culpeper, VA

Hi,

It looks like you have had a lot going on for awhile.  A lot of stress. Sometimes, well a lot of times, we can't do this alone.  Sometimes we need help from others who have tools that we can use to help us over the hurdles.  Are you getting any kind of support?  It seems like you may want to check into some additional counseling.  Please, seek outside help from professionals who work with people with PTSD and eating issues.  It may help.  Our minds are the battlefield and if we don't develop the tools we need to deal with the emotions, feelings and thoughts that are not supporting positive progress, we have a lot harder time having success.

Paula

MsBatt
on 1/24/09 5:05 am
First off, NO intestine is removed---it's merely re-routed. Secondly, no medical procedure comes with a guarantee. You should go into this realizing that it CCAN fail, through no fault of yours OR the surgeon's.

The best thing you can do is research all the procedures, take a good long look at YOURSELF---why you because obese, what you're willing AND able to change PERMANENTLY---and choose the procedure that's most likely to address your individual issues and give you the best chance of long-term success.
Most Active