Surgery Date set for August 15th.....any advice will do please

Betty Jo L.
on 6/10/11 3:41 am
Hi Everyone, I am just having the weight loss surgery this coming august and was just wondering if anyone here had any healt issues after having the surgery that they didn't have before having the surgery? I am scared ****less.......at the same time I am happy and need this kick start to a new and healty life. I know that I will have to make life changing plans food wise that is not a doubt. I am just having second doubts about the surgery now. I been waiting so long to be approved. Here in Canada the wait is over 10 years and I waited 4 years for my approval. Any information would be helpful about the surgery afterwards. Thanks in advance for reading my post.
 Be Happy and live your life to the fullest          
Kim_M
on 6/14/11 12:33 am - LaPorte, TX
Which surgury are you havine? I can only tell you about mine I had the sleeve and love it!!

First month since VSG 33  2nd 14 lbs 3rd12lbs 4th10lbs 5th10lbs 6th 9lbs 7th 13lbs 8th 13 lbs  9th 2 10th 6 11th bounced 175-180 12th  bounced  13th 2 lb cw(164)      
Vi-Vi
on 6/20/11 11:12 am
VSG on 12/13/12
Hi Betty,
I wish you luck and I know how you feel cause I'm just now starting to think serious about this and I was thinking about getting the "RYN" gastric bypass here in Canada also.  I have a young daughter and I want to enjoy her but this really scares me...  I seem to always hear the good things about but I'm sure there are horror stories out there!  I will be going to see my doctor for my referal soon.  I also have to travel about 8 to 12 hours to the closest hospital that performs this.  I wish you the best of luck Betty.  Everyone one I know that has had this done tell me they don't regret it and have an awesome life now... just feel better and all.
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/4/11 7:54 am - Windsor, Canada
Come to the ontario forum on oh. The wait in Ontario is only 1-2 years.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

ToNewBeginnings
on 8/10/11 11:46 pm
jdance
on 9/26/11 6:26 am - Canada
Now that you are over one month post op.
how are you feeling?
come post on the ontario board.

Most Active