Band to Sleeve Revision two weeks out

Seemeslimmer
on 3/28/12 11:20 pm - Bardstown, KY
I had band to sleeve revision surgery two weeks ago and feel great. My weight is lower in two weeks than I ever got with the band.

The band was a real struggle for me and was OK'd by insurance for the revision after my doctor did a peer-to-peer review with them. I had ulcers and my esophagus was becoming ulcerated from the vomitting. I had no pain from the ulcers and no physical symptoms, but doctor ordered a scope after so many issues with the band and he was really concerned about the condition of my gastric tract after the tests.

The food modification has been very easy this time and has not been the struggle it was with the band. I realize the prior experiences are making this easier.

I just feel very fortunate to have such a supportive physician and medical staff to guide me on this journey.

I had lost hope with the band and feel very energized about the sleeve and my success with it.
      See  
swampthing1169
on 4/17/12 3:06 am - Fort Lauderdale, FL
VSG on 09/06/12
Glad to hear that you are doing great. I am in the process of finding out if my insurance (Cigna) will cover a revision from band to sleeve. I am excited and praying that they will as I have had some issues as well with the band. My surgeon said that I have a band failure but he needs to find out what my insurance needs to be able to cover it. it is nice to see that someone has posted something positive about this revision. Keep up the good work!

Seemeslimmer
on 4/17/12 7:50 am - Bardstown, KY
Hope it works out for you. My doctor was super about going to bat for me with insurance. He did a peer to peer review and said that since I had kept coming back and trying to succeed with the band he was able to justify it with insurance. I had lots of ulceration in stomach and esophagus. I have not been sick one time in four weeks. I am hungry, but it's manageable.

Good luck to you.
      See  
Most Active