Failed RYN! Thinking of Revision.

Amy B.
on 3/30/12 1:36 pm - Oak Grove, MO
Hi everyone! I'm Amy and I had a gastric bypass in 2004. I weighed 315lbs when I had the surgery and I lost 155lbs by 2006. Now some eight years later I have gained 65lbs back and feel like such a failure. I started reading about revision surgery and thought it sounded like an answer. Has anyone had it done or knows anything like does insuranses pay for it, do they really work and would I be a canidate for it? I really need help you see I am disabled and it is had for me to exercise a lot. I need HELP PLEASE!!!!
jmwjskasick
on 4/23/12 1:51 am - Granite City, IL
Check out the revision board here. There is a lot of good information. As far as insurance coverage it depends on your insurer and policies. I do know that the revision is riskier than the original procedure and if you have already had a RNY the best option would be for a DS. Do your research though. Stay away from the ROSE procedure as I have read it has a high failure rate. You need something that is going to reintroduce the malabsorption as well as portion.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/23/12 9:51 pm
I don't know if this will help you but I don't exercise at all. A bit of gardening and that is it.
You still have the tool, I think you need to use it and work at it.

Try sparkpeople.com or myfitness pal .com. You can track your food and nutrition. Make small steps/goals each week that you can handle and feel good about. Are you drinking 8cups of liquid a day? that's a good first step. Don't change anything else. Do it for a week or a month.
When you see you can do it  you'll feel better and then you can incorporate something else.
Good luck to you

suemeister2773
on 5/19/12 11:04 pm - holly springs, NC
Well I am a 2004 rny bypass girl too.  I have gaind back 60 pounds also.  I am talking with a doctor about lap band over bypass now.  Not sure if I should do it.  Afraid I will fail that too.  I am looking to buy some will power somewhere if you know were they sell it.  I feel like if I had that I might be a little more successfull.  Hope to hear from you soon.  I am told insurance usually denies first submission, but after appeal letter, usually can be successfull, but depends on diagnosis and tests results etc. 
Most Active