Gained Some Back and Upset!

Jane A.
on 4/7/12 9:35 am - Warrensburg, MO
 Hi everyone! I had gastric sleeve surgery in November of 2004, and then had the RNY in March of 2005. I started out at 322 lbs., and actually got down to 126 lbs. I have gained my way back up to about 200 lbs. give or take. I am actually too scared to weigh myself. I would be completely happy to weight 150. I am 5'3" and I actually didn't think I looked all that healthy at the lower weight.

I would try to have a revision done, but I don't have insurance anymore. I am confused once again with all the diets out there. I've gotten back into bad eating habits, and gained back from grazing throughout the day. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm really having difficulty getting back on track again. 

Thanks for listening to my ramblings! 

Jane
Doris Cervenka
on 4/9/12 3:36 am, edited 4/10/12 7:36 am - Ganado, TX
   I wish new what to say.  Except You have to start thinking about what your eat and watching what put into your mouth.  Your have to think of  Compulsive overeatering as a disease that can kill you.  You to fight this  disease. Every day of your life to stay alive.  It is the most deadly disease in the U.S.  I lose family members to this disease.  So it will not be easy and If your like me  even after surgery.   The need to eat comes back after a year.  Try an stick to three small meals.  Used protein shake for snacks betweens meals to keep off the hunger.  Eatting carbs and suger just makes you more hunger.  Try only eating if your sitting down at a table. No grazing, No eating at the Computer or Television.  I wish could do more to help.  If you need to talk.  Friend me.
   It never to later to get back on track. Not as long as you have breath in your body. God Bless you.
Jane A.
on 4/9/12 12:23 pm - Warrensburg, MO
 Thank you so much for replying! I found something in a W.W. magazine called "The Simple Diet." I decided to try this one since it is very similar to how I ate following my surgery. It was so easy to get back into those old habits! 

Thank you so much for the encouragement! :)
twinningham
on 4/13/12 5:43 am
Mini Gastric Bypass on 11/29/10
 I found away to re-claim a smaller pouch and help with the problem you are having. Just go to www.5daypouchtest.com. There you will find a 5 day eating guide that follows the way you ate after your surgery. Liquid proteins then soft proteins then hard proteins. Not only is there a step by step guide there are also wonderful reciepes that my wide an I still use.

It help me and you can use it any time you feel bad habits begining to creep back into you life.

Terry

Surgery Gastric Bypass
Date 11/29/10
Lost 167 lbs.
ToNewBeginnings
on 4/23/12 9:43 pm
Terry, I notice you have suggested the 5 day pouch test in several posts. I have done it myself but really, it's just another fad diet isn't it? A fad diet for WLS patients.

I really don't think a person who has had two weight loss surgeries is going to be helped by following this.

ToNewBeginnings
on 4/23/12 9:44 pm
Post Date: 4/24/12 4:43 am
Terry, I notice you have suggested the 5 day pouch test in several posts. I have done it myself but really, it's just another fad diet isn't it? A fad diet for WLS patients.

I really don't think a person who has had two weight loss surgeries is going to be helped by following this.

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/16/12 1:28 am

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

twinningham
on 4/23/12 10:59 pm
Mini Gastric Bypass on 11/29/10
Hey Jane,

I know what you mean I was the same way the first time I tried the 5 day pouch test.  It is really not a diet instead it is away to get you pouch back to the right size.  The other idea of the 5 day pouch is to get the person off of carbs(the bad ones).  The idea behind this to clean your system out the first two days liquid proteins then slowly start eating solid proteins day 3 soft proteins then 4 and 5 solid proteins. The goal of the 5 day pouch test is not weight loss but if you stick to it you will loos weight and with a smaller pouch eat less after it.   When I tried the 5 day pouch test I lost over 5 lbs that week.  I was working out 5 days a week but I do that all the time.  You need to go to the web site and just read it and look at the wonderful recipes they list for each day you can use.You can do the 5 day pouch test as many times as you need because we all fall off the wagon just like I did and I am on day 2 of the 5 day pouch for the second time.  You can read my blog under WLS Grads.  Hope this helps

Terry

Bypass Surgery 11/29/2010
Weight before Surgery 334
Lowest weight 167 lbs
Weight loss 167 lbs
Doris Cervenka
on 4/30/12 4:08 am - Ganado, TX
     All I know is that if your a Compulsive Over eater.  Even small bites and small amounts of food can turn into a dozen of bites and thousands of calories.  You need own what put into you mouth.  Because, you going to carry it with you. Start having an eating plan.  Don't bring things into your home that can't eat.   You need to thinking the things that you are Addictted to as poison.  Chocolate,cup cakes, Pies, Cookie, Chips,Cokes, Sugar.  If your a true addict.  The Healthy foods can be just as bad. If your eating to much of them.  Eating Oranges all day long can be just as fatting.  It about how much you put into you body. Your smart you what can eat and what can't stop eating.  It the hardest thing in the world.  Trying not to regain my weight.  Because, I ,m always wanting to eat all the time.  I have to face it.   My mind constantly thinks about food all the time.  Eating it, When can have more,  Just one more will not hurt,  It just a small bite.  But, small bite always for me turn into another bite until the bags is gone.   I have to work at not eating all the time. For many years I did nothing.  I did not fight it.  I just gave up.  I got 395 pounds and was at the point of dying my leg were so swelled.  I was getting  where I could not walk.  I could sleep laying down because, I was so fat. I so ashamed of myself and hated myself.  I had surgery to save my life. Being a normal weight is something I wanted all my whole  life.  But, In heart  I don't know if I will ever be a normal weight. Compulsive overeating is  not something you get over.  Your a food addict for life. I can't let this disease destory your life  more than it allready has. I can learn to life with it.  I an will to try anything if it can help keep the weight off. So I can enjoy my life. Their is not worst feeling than.  Being trapped in a body you feel like you have know control over.  So I learn to control what I put into my mouth.  So I will have my control taken away from me.
Most Active