To my supporters after my reverval...I can eat!!!

RieBello2
on 4/17/12 5:00 am - Mount Clemens, MI
These past few days under my surgeons advice, I was told to add more solids each day to see if I could handle the transition. I was a nervous wreck when I made my first sandwich, I took small bites, slowly chewed and then it hit me...no pain!!!! As i explained before in my earlier post, I was unable to hold solids down for 2 yrs, so this is such a milestone for me that I cried while I was eating. I have been eating healthy, no fast food...lol. and enjoying dinners with my family again. I test myself with someone new each day and so far it has been a dream come true for me. I made egg salad and ate it with crackers and actually held it down, something as simple as that was intolerable before. I just wanted to share my thoughts and thank those that sent me so many prayers.
                                          Marie.
jbird1972
on 4/17/12 11:23 am - Cary, IL
 Marie, I'm so happy for you! Fantastic progress :) I hope to follow in your footsteps very soon. Ahh, I just breathed a sigh of relief for you. Hugs
Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

RieBello2
on 4/19/12 6:52 am - Mount Clemens, MI
It's been surreal Jules. I feel like my life was given a second chance. I'm eating healthier and not going to indulge, but I did treat myself to a hamburger. I haven't had one in 2yrs, 3 months. I ate slow and enjoyed not being the specticle at the dinner table...usually had to run off to the bathroom. You will be in my shoes soon and we will smile together as we put the past behind us.
                                                      Hugs back to you, Marie
jbird1972
on 4/19/12 7:26 am - Cary, IL
 Yay! I do still have hope :) I should be getting a date for my surgery soon. The abdominal surgery needs to come before the replacement of the spinal cord stimulator. I just have so many things in life that are on hold because of this. I just want to live! I'm so happy for you. Hugs!
Jules

Jules RNY 10/30/2007

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/24/12 10:06 am, edited 4/24/12 10:06 am
Marie, it was good to hear that you are doing much better. Thanks for update. Hope more good news will  follow...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active