Forgiving yourself for past mistakes and starting over.

Doris Cervenka
on 4/28/12 7:34 am, edited 3/11/13 1:24 pm - Ganado, TX

Everybody who been over -weight.  At least once in their has been made to feel like a failure. It does matter if you gained pounds 10 pounds or  410 pounds. Everybody  has to learn to forgive themselves for their past mistakes and failures. Your have to learn to forgive yourself.  You have to learn to let go of your shame , self hatred and anger.  Believe you me if you lost 100 pounds and then gain it back your full of self hatred, anger and shame.  Food addicts feel it all the time.  Everyday is a test.  Do we fail, Do we pass, or Do we cheat, or Do we do nothing at all. Our lives are the sum  of the Choices that we choose to make. When choose to do nothing we choose to fail.  Everyday  is a new day and new beginning. Learn to forgive yourself and love yourself fat or not. Find something besides yourself to live for. I live with Lifetime of failures, depression, and heartbreaks and Had to dig myself out of many of dark pits.  Depression and our Weight go hand and hand.  But, Know this Things can always get better. Put disappointment in life behind you.  Every day is fresh start. Learn to leave your past failures behind.

Created2bGreat
on 5/4/12 3:46 pm - NY
Very nice!!!
Doris Cervenka
on 3/11/13 1:31 pm - Ganado, TX

Regaining weight or losing weight should not define who you are as a person.  You are so much more than a number on a scale. Every person need to redefine  how they think about weight.  You don,t have a perfect weight to start your life.  Get healthy and live your life starting now.

Doris Cervenka

Doris Cervenka
on 3/15/13 8:24 am - Ganado, TX

Bump

Doris Cervenka

dori11848
on 9/1/13 8:43 am - bklyn, NY

Learning to forgive myself on a daily basis as I am emotional eater. I have been working on also letting go of the shame that I didn't lose sufficient weight post RNY.  Giving up the shame is hard, but I did succeed to let it go most of the time.  I agree, loving ourselves is the key. We will and can renew ourselves.  I am calling on my inner strength to keep going forward.  All the best.

Most Active