Wanted to say Hi

bambif
on 5/21/12 9:39 pm - Kansas City, MO
 Hi there.  This is my first post on this forum.  I need help getting back on track, I think.

I had RNY in June 2005.  All was going great, minor hitches here or there, nothing major though.  Lost 149 pounds by 10 months out.  Found out I was pregnant.  All good.  Lost all gained weight but 10 pounds.  Was happy.  Then 2007 I lost my husband due to complications to diabetes. At that time I had an 8 year old and our baby was turning 1.  FF to 2009, I met someone I had gone to HS with and we married.  He plays softball, a lot.  I had gained about 20 pounds before the wedding from eating ballfield junk.  Then July 2010 we had a baby.  So here I am sitting at 60 pounds over my total weight loss.  I would be happy with losing 50 though.  
     I can pretty much eat what I want.  This would be my problem.  Lack of proper eating and exersicing too.  
So tell me, am I on the right board to be motivated to lose this extra weight?  and how to go about it?  Do I need to visit my surgeon and talk to him?  I haven't seen him in many years.  

Bambi
SuzanneR
on 5/23/12 7:26 am - Randolph, NJ
It wouldn't hurt to visit your surgeon, why not? I am not a vet at almost 5 months out but I am betting what helped you lose weight with your bypass in the first place is what will help you lose weight now: focus on low fat proteins, drink a ton of water and cut out all refined carbs (pasta, bread, crackers, rice etc) and refined sugars (cookies, candies, cakes etc) and do some exercise. Enjoy green veggies and lower carb fruits. Try it for a few weeks and see what happens...I'll bet you still have restriction, too. Good luck!

bambif
on 5/23/12 8:49 am - Kansas City, MO
 Thanks for the reply!  I just started Monday doing what you say to do.  So we will see how it goes.  Back to the basics for me!  

I might just see if I can get in with my surgeon too.  I know what I need to do, but once you get on the bad eating habit it's really hard to get back on track.  One day at a time right?

It's funny because some days I feel like I can eat alot, and other days I can hardly eat a huge amount.  So I am hoping that my restriction is still there!

MyLady Heidi
on 5/23/12 8:55 am
I know you, omg two babies and a new hubby.  Wow!  Sorry for the loss of your first husband.  You have really been through a lot.  As to the weight gain, its probably gonna be the old fashioned way of diet and exercise, I have adopted clean eating as a way of life, even gave up my beloved protein bars and it is working so far as I don't get sick and bloated all the time and I have lost a few pounds too.  You can do it, you just have to set a meal plan and stick to it.  My bf has lost 30lbs on our new eating plan.

Good Luck.
bambif
on 5/23/12 10:14 am - Kansas City, MO
 Hey Heidi!

Yes you do know me.  We started out this journey together almost.  I have let OH slide...and regret it now.  But yes, Delaney was almost 1 when Chance passed.  Then I ran into someone I graduated HS with and we reconnected, hit it off, and got married.  Then we had a baby.  So now I have a 15 year old step daughter, 12 year old son, 5 year old daughter, and an almost 2 year old son.  

So after 6 years, 2 babies...I have gained 60 pounds.  Need to get back on track!!!

tell me more about your clean eating??
tammy64
on 7/7/12 4:12 am - NC
I had RNY in Dec 2010. My pre-op weight was 248. My pre-surgery weight was 222. I had lost 26# on the pre-op diet. By April 2011 I had lost down to 171#. I was involved in a fire accident late April and spent next 3 weeks in burn unit at Chapel HIll. I lost down to 165#. The year of 2011 held many problems for me. In the beginning I was exercising and losing my  weight steadily. My husband of 29 years was going through a mid-life crisis. In addition to buying a sports car, he asked for a divorce. He had a young 19 year old he wanted to start a new life with.

I love(d) my husband very much, but I was at a point where I had to decide who I loved more, myself or my husband. I gave him a divorce and continued to lose weight. I hit a plateau at 151. It seemed like no matter what I did I could not get below the 150 mark. At this point I started gaining again and have gained back to 176. I found the five day pouch test and have started today as my first day. If this doesn't work, I am going to call my surgeon and see if I can get a sooner appointment to get back on track.

In answer to your question about talking your original dr I would agree that is where to start.

Lynne
Most Active