Asking for treatment of Compulsive overeating and Depression.

Doris Cervenka
on 5/28/12 3:42 am, edited 7/12/12 9:00 am - Ganado, TX
  Everybody who goes the doctor for weight lose should demand more than pills or surgery. Anybody who  is more than 250 pounds over weight should ask  treatment for Compulsive overeating, Depression and Therapy.  Before surgery. I don,t understand how a person can go into a doctor and surgeon office.  Weighing over 300 , 400 and 500 pounds and  These doctor not understanding that this person is in  emotional pain.  I felt it myself.   If we could start by getting People with real high B.M.I.s  to ask for really treatment they deserve.  If enough people ask for it and demand it.  Doctors and surgeon.  Will start add it to the thearapy before surgery yo br done before  and after surgery.  Regaining after Surgery would be slowed.  I think of all the doctors. I seem.  So many Doctors though the years for weight loss since was a child.  None really helped me.  Until I saw a real therapist.  And that was only the beginning of my treatment.
Charity W.
on 6/15/12 2:56 pm - Lawton, OK
 I totally agree with you. I need to see a therapist desperately but I just can't afford it. I have gained back 20lbs since surgery and binge eating like never before. I don't know how to stop it.

shrinking_sarah
on 11/1/12 10:06 am - CA

It was my understanding that, with mental health parity laws in the US, insurance companies now are required to cover mental health as they would any other health issue.  I did a LOT of research about this because I have a bipolar sibling in Oklahoma.  Check to see what your insurance will cover--you may be surprised.

Tanya W.
on 6/20/12 12:37 am - Winnipeg, Canada
I agree, it is an issue of money. Our province does not cover psychological treatments, only physical ones. Most people can't afford $150/hr to see a psychologist. So we do the best we can but it is rarely enough. We blame ourselves when in truth we want to change, we just can't find the help we need.

Tanya

Doris Cervenka
on 7/12/12 9:47 am - Ganado, TX
LogansMommy
on 7/28/12 10:00 pm - Marietta, GA
Cigna has a plan and Emory hospital (Atlanta, GA) where my husband and I went...
Just wanted to alert you~ some insurance companies want to help!

Most Active