Band is coming out, now what??

mymeow
on 6/20/12 5:40 am - Parker, CO
RNY on 02/12/13

I had an upper GI series last week due to some complications I had been having, and it looks like my band has slipped and the pouch is stretched.  I am waiting to meet with my surgeon regarding my options, but the nurse said the band would need to come out.   I've had my band a little over 4 years and weight from a preop weight of 292 down to 245, so I still have a long way to go.  My nurse said that many people have been removing their band (1 out of 4) due to complications or unsuccessful weight loss. 

So my question to you is who has had their band removed and did you get another procedure?  I don't want another band, but am debating between the sleeve or the gastric bypass.  I know people who have been successful with both, but am more hesitant to get the gastric bypass.  For anyone who has had a revision, can band removal and the other procedure be done during one operation? 

I would love to hear from people who have been in the same situation as I am, what you chose, and how you're doing.  Thanks!

Robin

Lap Band 4/15/2008 (SW 304); Revision to RNY 2/12/2013

HW for RNY 268, SW 255, CW 174

Mell
on 6/20/12 7:11 am
It does happen a lot you can re-post on the LapBand or Revision board and I am sure you will get some help.
moviechick00
on 7/1/12 2:22 pm
Revision on 05/17/12
 I had the Realize band and it slipped.  I could tell when it would move up I was not able to ge****er down.  When it would go down I could eat a ton of food.  It cause a lot of pain.  I cried lots almost every day from hurting.  My doctor said it had to come out his staff got the approval to have it removed and do a full RNY.  I had it done 5/17 lost the weight that I had gained and keep moving down on the scale I am glad I did it.  Hope this helps you.

hw 255 Realize band 2/10 lw 206 (slipped/moved caused lots of pain)
weight pre-op 225 revision RNY 5/17/12
Most Active