Hard to believe.

Malg22
on 4/4/13 4:45 am - Tiffin, OH
VSG on 12/18/13

Hello everyone. I posted about a month ago as I was getting back on track after having twins on Dec. 29th. Well, I went to the dr 5 weeks ago, got a fill of a .5 and left there hoping to feel restriction. Strange enough-that put me at 11ccs in my 11 cc band. I just went back for a check on 4/1. Was asked how my restriction level was and I told them that I had no restriction whatsoever. My surgeon did a residual, called another surgeon in the office in and they both only got almost 3cc out of my band. So, it was determined that my band is leaking and I am scheduled for a band removal in one week. Anyone else had this done? I feel completely frustrated-deflated-upset-and all of the above. My goal was to at this point get at a good restriction level and have lost my excess weight.

Any experience on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated. How was your recovery? Were you in pain afterwards similar to when your band was placed? I have 6 kiddos..and I just see this uphill battle.

But..in saying that..I am still positive in a sense for the long haul. We have begun the steps to get approval for a gastric bypasss. My surgeon feels it's best to remove band-let stomach heal and then schedule another surgery. I wish the diet changes along with exercise would have paid off, but I have to tell myself it was nothing i did wrong. My surgeon said that it was either a faulty band or at one of my fills the line must have been poked by the syringe. 

Thanks for listening.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/13 2:57 am
Maybe time for revision - band to VSG.. Good luck.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Bucketta
on 6/9/13 5:32 am

This happened to me, they had hit my tubing with the needle, not one time but around 15 times, I was told.  I had a new port placed never did start losing again, could not get restriction for the life of me and finally revised to RNY, which I loved.  Now I have quit losing with it, too.   Be forewarned, I'd do it again in a heart beat, but most revisions do not do as well as they would have done if it was the first surgery.  Good luck to you and sorry you are having to go through this.  BTW,  I had my band out and my RNY in the same day.  

Jacqueline 
 RNY 1/24/11

Most Active