I Want to be a LOSER!

hotmamawannab
on 6/19/13 9:38 am - Manteca, CA

Sounds funny, but I want to be a loser!  I had my gastric bypass in March of 08.  Started at 298, got down to 207, now I'm back up to 244.  I SWORE I'd NEVER let this happen.  I don't know how I did.  I'm sure my pouch is stretched to no return.  Has anyone tried that pouch test?  I'm thinking I'm too far gone for that now.  I do exercise about 3 times a week, but it's just Curves.  Maybe I should do something different.  I'm also trying to just diet like a normal person (Weigh****chers), but it's not working either.  I think I need to do something drastic.  I'm just so disappointed in myself.  I went through such an ordeal to get the surgery.........so much time spent preparing.  At 5 years out -- I should have reached my goal by now.  Help!  Does anyone have any advice?  I need to do something to shock my body's metabolism into fat burning gear.

aidenswings
on 6/26/13 10:54 am
Hello, I just found this forum and came across your post. it was like reading my own story! I too had GB for me it was 4 yrs ago and I lost 60. Lbs originally but now have gained almost all of it back, I too feel s o disappointed and defeated. Can't offer advice since I myself need to get back on track and not sure the right way. but I wanted to write to say u r not alone in this and if you'd like to keep in touch for support,etc message me..stood luck in everything!

Kristen
anotherusername
on 6/26/13 3:45 pm - Shingle Springs, CA

I'm right there with you both~  2003 started at 258 lost approximately 100 lbs.  My lowest weight was right around 154 -perfect weight.  Over the last 5 years I've let about 45 lbs climb back aboard and I'm absolutely miserable. I totally let myself down. Like you, I swore I would never gain back the weight, I remember saying I will NEVER be shopping in the + size section again..ever!  In my perfect world I would love to just go get a lap-band. The truth is I know I am an emotional eater and slowly I've gone back to my old ways such as the quick stops at the drive thru , lots of poor choices in snacking all the time, especially late at night. People have no clue I've had bypass because I sit down at the table and eat just like them. I drink with meals, I eat the potatoes first , a slice of garlic bread oh.. and then maybe it was the beef enchilada, lasagna the fish & chips, but most likely it was not a small piece of lean protein.  DRASTIC? As in cut our calories in half if not more? ! I know what I HAVE TO DO in order to get back on track....Drink those old protein shakes  ( remember those) 2xs a day ( breakfast & lunch) then have a small high protein based dinner.  I know its possible to do, thousands of wls people are doing it everyday. Is it going to suck? hell yes. I 'm use to eating like I've never had the surgery, I just know I'm going to starve, but the truth is, I have had the surgery and I do have the advantage to use the "tool" if I choose to.    First thing in the morning I'm heading down to the health food store and buying the protein I use to and start, tomorrow I'm going to do it.   You have 37 lbs to lose to get back to 207..37 lbs Don't wait till its 50 then 60.. open this web site like your just starting your journey soak in all the valuable information out there.  Do I sound like a motivational speaker or what?  OH, and by the way. what is the "pouch test"? I'm beyond scared to take it but still so very curious.  Take care girls and know we  3 are not alone.  ~Diane 

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/13 10:20 pm

Come on! don't say like this.Be positive! there nothing happed where you will say that "I want to be a looser".

Most Active