Stomach Stapling 5yrs ago, RNY 2mo's ago

Jennifer V.
on 3/15/04 11:40 pm - Malakoff, TX
Hello, I have had 2 wls experiences. The first being just the stomach stapling, I lost approximately 90 lbs, started at 322, and down to 230, after 5 yrs, had gained 22 lbs, so i went in for the RNY. The doctor I used for the RNY was very good, highly recommended for a revision, but I feel as though I am failing this surgery. I am 2 months post-op, and I have only lost 24 lbs. I have an apoointment this Thursday to see my Dr., to see if there is something wrong. My problem is, I can eat anything, in any amount. I no longer feel my stomach. I dont get full, I dont throw up, so I have to make very wise choices in the food I eat. If anyone knows if there is anything that can be done to correct this problem, please let me know. I have researched this and, I believe I have no pouch function. I know the smaller you are when you have the surgery, the slower you lose the weight, but, that gives no explanation why I can eat as much as I can. My typical day consists of: Breakfast-2 poached eggs, Lunch-Tuna or Salmon, salad or a green veggie, and Dinner-Chicken Breast, or Fish, pan-cooked in some water, and seasonings, bell pepper and onion, and a green salad or green veggie. I am sure I get enough protein during the day, I have a hard time drinking water, so I would guess I get in about 24oz's, and I do go to curves 3xper week. I walk all day at my job, We have a 22,000 sq. ft. showroom, and I am on the floor all day. If anybody has any insight on this, please let me know!! I am at my wits end!!! -Jennifer
NadineM
on 4/23/04 1:42 am - Vancouver, WA
Jennifer, It sounds like these are all GOOD questions for your surgeon. Have you spoke with him regarding these concerns? You should still restrict your intake on your own, you do not want to re-open your pouch and stretch it with too much food. Maybe try some protein shakes that will fill you up faster when you sit down to eat. Sorry, I am not too helpful, but just my .2 cents worth! Best of Luck to you! Nadine
Most Active