Getting 2nd surgery approved

Carolyn P.
on 5/12/04 3:24 am - Ashland, OH
DOES ANYONE KNOW THE STEPS YOU HAVE TO TAKE TO GET A SECOND SURGERY. BECAUSE OF OTHER COMPLICATIONS THE RNY WAS NOT SUCCESSFUL. DUSTBUNNY
Anita D.
on 5/19/04 6:59 am - Hazel Green, AL
Carolyn, you haven't stated, but how could the RNY not have been successful? I don't understand. If your surgeon performed the RNY and you changed your nutritional and activity habits, you have no choice but to be successful. Did your surgeon perform the RNY?
nicole H.
on 5/24/04 2:19 am - Naperville, il
Look into a "revision". there is a forum for that on this site if you have not found it already. Call insurance company if you have one and see if revisions are covered. There are a few other options other than RNY like BPD/DS, distal rny.... Nicole
1maddie
on 5/13/08 12:35 pm - Seagrove, NC
Ditto on checking with your medical insurance company. Patients go back for "revisions" when other types of surgeries fail, so why not this one? I checked with my insurance company and they approved it, but I have to go through all of the preparation again, plus, I need to save up some vacation days. I wondered the same thing and found out that there is hope for us!!
Most Active