"I Love You" Letters to family---Just in case...

Dolores O.
on 2/10/08 7:45 am
Hi Deby, Actually, I do have peace about the surgery, but just in case the WHAT IF happens, I just want my family members to know I was thinking of them and I love them. Thank you for the well wishes and I am excited about my surgery.
LilTroysMom
on 2/10/08 11:17 pm
I planned to write letters to each of my five kids......however, when I sat down to do it, I cried and cried, and cried some more. I couldn't stand the thought of not being in my kids lives and them not having me around. I couldn't do it. I tried for a good week. Then, I thought.....IF for some reason, during the surgery I was in a fight for my life..... Having left letters behind would have made it easier for me to give up and let go.... Without saying good-byes....I would have to fight....and survive, so I could see them again. Finally.... I believe that your attitude going into surgery makes a world of a difference with your recovery. Be happy, Be positive....and just know that you will do GREAT!! In my opinion....everyone should have a Living Will in place, but as for writing Good-bye letters....it is a hard thing to do..... Best Wishes with your surgery.... Hugs, Jen
Most Active