What to buy for the patient?

iburgos
on 12/11/09 1:15 pm
RNY on 10/19/10 with
I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what to buy someone who is just about ready to have WLS? I already have the Water Bottles, a boppy pillow, and a book on what to expect. Any other ideas about "gifts" to make the process go smoother and more comfortable? Thanks in advance. 
sfnativewm
on 12/24/09 5:39 am
crystal lite powder for the water, a heating pad and gas-x chewables is a great gift.  Great question!!

~Ann~
Band removed and feeling alive with energy!

Jeffrey Thomas
on 1/7/10 11:21 am - Huntington, WV
Mom gave me a huge fluffy robe before hospital visit... she cant be here with me so she told me to wrap up in it and know she is thinking of me and loving me while I am walking or if cold in bed. Very fluffy robe and am sworn to not wear it till I get out of surgery! *yeah*

iburgos
on 1/7/10 1:42 pm
RNY on 10/19/10 with
 That was very thoughtful of Mom!  Thanks for sharing that with me. I  think I did well with the items I wound up buying. I got my partner some pajamas, some water bottles (the sippy type), a boppy pillow, some books on what to expect and other odds and ends.

I see your surgery date is coming up soon, next week as a matter of fact. Please post and let me know how you make out. I wish you the best and enjoy the robe and virtual hugs from your mom. 
Most Active