How to help my wife

crawford29c
on 12/31/09 1:39 am - Culpeper, VA
My wife is scheduled for surgery on Jan 26, 2010.  She is currently going through "what if" scenarios and I don't know how to comfort her.  She is asking what if I fail? what do I tell people? What if it is too hard?  I've told her that I will support her and help her on the journey to the new her, but she kinda dismisses me.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
LillieGracesMom
on 12/31/09 3:20 am
I'm sorry, baby.  I don't mean to be dismissive to you.  I just am scared about failing and about how hard this is going to be.  What if I can't do it?  What am I going to do when I'm upset and don't have food to turn to?  Has anyone else been here?

Big Mama
on 1/2/10 11:42 am - NE
My surgery anniversary is Jan 26 It's gonna be a year.
I was also in her shoes a year ago and one thing that helped me was me and my husband had a lot of long talks about what our journey was going to be like cause this journey involves the whole family not only the person having WLS
 All I can say is be their for her  and listen to her and reassure her.
It's not an easy journey it's just easier if we have the support we need.

SW  315                    HW  335                  GW  180  

WL 155             DGW 175          CW  180           MICHELLE

Jeffrey Thomas
on 1/7/10 11:24 am - Huntington, WV
I was going through some of that too... I finally gave it to God... I cant stress about it... I told him its in his hands and I will do whatever he pleases. It seems to help alot.

I have told only people I fet comfortable with... overwise i just said I was having abdominable sugery and most didnt ask more.

LillieGracesMom
on 1/10/10 2:45 am
Most Active