New support group in Pittsburgh, PA (Greensburg, PA) area

simonsmom
on 1/20/10 1:40 am - Coraopolis, PA
I'm posting this in a few forums to make sure anyone who is interested will have the info...

Hi all! It's been a while since I've posted...hoping everyone is well and having a successful journey!

I wanted to let people know about a support group that I am facilitating along with another post-op. We are both graduate students in Marriage and Family Therapy at Seton Hill University in Greensburg, PA. We also both had gastric bypass surgery.

The group focuses on the psychological issues and relationship issues that often accompany WLS...body image, self-esteem, jealousy, etc...things that often aren't addressed in the groups offered by our surgeons. Thankfully, we have boards like this one where we can discuss these kinds of issues!

If you live in the area and would like to join us, please let me know! We are meeting on the first and third Thursdays of the month from 6 to 7:15 pm at the Seton Hill Family Therapy Center. PM if you want more info!

bosscoupe65
on 10/23/12 11:22 pm - N Huntingdon, PA
Are you still having these gatherings?   I have surgery in 2005.
simonsmom
on 10/25/12 1:50 am - Coraopolis, PA
 Hi...I'm so glad you asked.

The group is no longer meeting and both David (the other facilitator) and I have completed our studies at Seton Hill. I would LOVE to continue a similar group but currently travel between Pittsburgh (home) and Akron, OH (pursuing a PhD). If I can start another group I will let you know.

In the meantime, I hope you are doing well! Feel free to reply if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thanks!
Most Active