What's next???

mynewlifeinva
on 1/23/10 12:10 am
It has been 9 months since my surgery.  I've lost 85 lbs.  It seems as though my weight loss is slowing down,,, but what's next.  I still have 20 or so pounds to go.  I have so much excess skin.  Is it too early for plastic surgery?  Will exercise help me tighten up???
Moma V.
on 1/24/10 9:32 am - Frogtown, OH
hi, welcome to OH.com,

Your window is open until your 18 months post-op, depending on what surgery you had, since you've listed nothing it's hard to say.  

Your weight loss will slow down at times, when your not loosing on the scale, check your measuring tape, you'll be surprised at how things change w/o a loss.. then soon your scale will start moving again.  Yes, exercise, wasn't that part of the deal you made with your surgeon? To follow his advice, exercise, take your vit's,  and drink lots of water... I thought those were the general rules for all WLS patients.

Exercise and lots of water will help firm things up, depending though on how long you carried the excess weight.  

I am over 5 yrs out and when I stick to my plan, eat right, exercise, I continue to lose weight.  I will probably never have PS,   When I screw up my lifestyle change, I deserve the extra lbs to come back.   Simple as that, it's a LIFE CHANGE, not a quick fix.

sorry if I come off rude, but truly FOLLOW YOUR DR's plan!

Most Active