help me help my dad

swilczynski
on 3/14/10 12:09 pm - Kittrell, NC
My dad is seriously over weight and I am sure he qualifies for the operation. My mom and I have tried everything to help him loose weight and at times it has worked but never anything lasting and his frustration has lead to giving up on it putting him back in the same place. I am looking for information to give to him because I really feel like this is his last option. He promised he would seriously look at it and go talk to the surgeon and I want to make sure that happens but how do I get the information about what he has to do to have the surgery like meetings or something?  If there is something I am forgeting to ask please help me. I am thankful for any and all help you could offer I just want to help my dad become a healthier happier man. thank you
jwohler
on 3/15/10 9:43 pm - Salida, CA
Hi, Do you know if his insurance covers this procedure, do you live near him, if so contact a bariatric center and see when the next seminar is a go with him, I speak at them all the time, you have to remember this is just a tool and he has to work it, this is a big life change but it's for the better.  I can tell you I am 52 years old and I am 16 months out and I would do it over in a heartbeat, my health is so much better, my type II diabetes is gone, I can walk up to 8 miles a day, over all I have so much energy.  Just get the ball rolling for you dad.  Also read on it
there are so many places to go to on internet.
Any questions just pm me.
Judy 

Most Active