Great Children's weight loss camp in North Carolina

ctombeth
on 3/17/10 12:41 pm
My husband and I are just recently sleeved . I am 8 months out and lost 85 pounds, He is 1 month out and down 40 pounds. We have a teenage daughter who continues to struggle, although she is really starting to watch what she eats and is losing some of her excess weight. She was also diagnosed as PRE PCOS 3 years ago and started metformin.
I know that the younger kids are really not good candidates for surgery, that is why I am putting this camp out there in hopes that we can pass the word around on what a great place it is and possibly help a few children. It was such a self esteem boost for her to attend camp.
She attended Camp Shining Stars in 2008(she was 12). Over 6 weeks she lost 30 pounds and came home a new girl.  She is planning to attend this summer and I am overjoyed that she wants to return.
The director is Ira Green and his heart is with beating Childhood Obesity. He himself is a bypass patient so he knows firsthand the battle himself. He has a medical team of experts on board and the kids have a blast.  They pick their own activities and eat well balanced meals. They are in safe hands. The camp is located on the campus of Barton College in Wilson, NC.  We live just outside of Nashville, Tn and it was only about an 8 hour drive to get her there. If you are interested or know someoone who is, please check it out.
WWW.CAMPSHINGSTARS.ORG or call Ira Green at 1-866-644-2709 toll free, or 919-949-7415.
Please tell him Cheri from Tennessee is where you heard about this great chance for a child.
I just want to get this word out, since I was an overweight child I know how painful it was growing up overweight.
Thanks and please pass the word to anyone you may know. This camp is much cheaper than the others I have checked out, PLUS the kids are guaranteed to lose 7-17% of their total weight during their stay. If you have any questions please feel free to email me as well
imonly30yo
on 4/18/10 3:33 am - charlotte , NC
Thank you because I have a teenager that is in a size 20 and she is only 14 but the sad part is her mother doesn't see anything wrong with it.
Be sweet don't eat it  
Most Active