Sorry........I need to vent!!!!!!!

Miss_Kitty
on 5/6/10 12:16 pm - New Bedford, MA
I just got home a few minutes ago. We live on a small street in a large city where people like to hang out on their porches. My fiancee and I had to walk by a few guys who live next to us (ages 20-21) who obviously had nothing better to do than to hang out on their porch. My fiancee was walking ahead of me because his hands were holding heavy bags of groceries and was in a hurry to put them down on our porch. When I walked by, they started telling eachother, "Look, there's Budha. That right there is Budha." As many of you know, I have had a panniculectomy, as well as have lost over 120lbs. I KNOW I LOOK GOOD!!!! But the funny thing is, my fiancee is very overweight and had a big belly. (due to my panni, I no longer have a belly!) So, why am I Budha, and not my fiancee????? Why was nothing said to him, but I was called names???? This has happened more than once!!!! About 2 years ago, (when I was definately big) my fiancee and I were walking home, and a bunch of guys in a car started shouting "It's the great pumkin!!!!" at me because I was wearing an orange shirt. AGAIN nothing was said to or about my overweight fiancee!!! WHY???????????

Men are such chickens!!!!!!!!!!

That's the only reason why I can figure they would only yell stuff at me and not my man!!!!! Any one else encounter stuff like this where you are with someone else overweight and, yet, YOU are the only one targeted for verbal abuse?

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Carebearny1999
on 5/12/10 10:33 am - Rochester, NY
Yup, Men (and Women!) are chickens and feel the need to take their own insecurities out on other people! And for some reason they feel women are easier targets. I'm astouned by the weight you've lost--congrats! I only hope I can do the same!
Most Active