ashamed of WLS

Jodie S.
on 2/22/04 12:24 am - Indio, CA
My husband and I both had WLS in 2003 and we have both had great results, but I'm embarrased that I had to go to such drastic measures to loose weight and my WLS isn't something I can bragg about. My husband on the other had can tell a complete stranger all about it. What wrong with me? I should be proud of my succes.
CarolynT.
on 2/25/04 2:38 am - Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Dear Jodie, I think you suffer from what we all have, forgetting this IS A DISEASE. Congratulations on your success, you should be proud. Not everyone can talk about personal stuff, I too would love to be able to overcome this fatness without surgery, but alas I can't. So....enjoy life to the fullest, I'm looking forward to being in your shoes, I'm pre-op 4/21/04.
CONNIE M.
on 3/30/04 9:25 pm - MARSHALL, IL
Jodie, You should be very proud that you took this change in your life to feel better. it is a drastic measure, BUT.. people who are obese need something drastic to help them get started. i am working now on having surgery and trying to get my husband to support me with this. You keep up the good work and be proud of what you did, and are doing! Good Luck! Connie
Most Active