Hi Everyone!

Snukieboo
on 7/23/07 8:48 am - Warren, OH

I am really happy that this board has come about! I have been suffering with Fibro since 1999. I went through a whole lot before being diagnosed with it. To this day, people still dont understand my pain like I wish they would. Although I didnt have surgery because of the fibro, I did wonder how it would affect it. 8 1/2 months later and 134 lbs gone..the pain is still bad. I have actually had alot more flare ups also. Not saying the surgery caused it, but I had hoped the weight off would make the pain a little better. I was on Cymbalta before surgery to help some, but my body doesnt like it anymore. It makes me sick. I actually thought I was pregnant because of how the medication made me feel lol. So now I will try something else. I am also going to get back into water therapy. I do not like to be on medication unless I really need too. I guess over the years I have learned to deal with the pain. When it gets really bad I will take some pain meds, but only when its unbearable. There was a point when I couldnt even hardly walk. Im glad I am past that and hope never to get back to that.

Im so glad to see this board here..I will be back!

http://www.pregnancy-duedate.com/"> src="http://www.pregnancy-duedate.com/tickers/m31rsd2uobgqllbj.png" alt="Pregnancy-DueDate.com - DueDate Calculators & Tickers" border="0"/>

Debjynx
on 7/25/07 9:39 am - MN

Nice to meet you.  I do find Pool exercising really helps me.  I have a lot fewer flair-ups.  I really think some of my bad one's were food related and since I don't eat alot of those foods I am better.  I was on Indocin which I can't take and let me tell you I do miss some of my pain meds but still wouldn't trade for all the pluses I've gained from weightloss surgery.

Deb

AmyLucas
on 8/10/07 3:12 am - Jonesboro, AR
Hi Snukie, You and I have something in common.. actually a lot in common. I was diagnosed in 1999, but was sick since 1992. I also can't take Cymbalta.  We are glad to have you here on the board! Can't wait to get to know you and everyone else a little better! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics